diy solar

diy solar

Sungold 10k Inverter and Wall Battery Video Follow Up

Lighthouse Beacon

Following the Light
This is a '4 months later follow up video' about the Sungold 10k inverter and wall batteries. This is the replacement inverter Sungold sent me after having a power board failure on the original gen 1 inverter out of box. I am at 4 months of consistent performance on replacement gen 2 inverter, things going well so far.

Last edited:
Thank you for this. I see that Sungold has a sale going on right now and after what recently happened with my power company I really want to be less dependent on them. (Small diatribe-- power went out around 6:30pm Thursday due to storms, they did not send out crews to work on it on Friday. Saturday they hired Blackout Power crews to work on it and restored power to my area by 6pm-- literally every house other than mine had power. They didn't get around to restoring my power until after noon on Sunday-- and basically it was bc they forgot to flip the switch to turn my power back on at the station. It got up to 90°F and we lost our insulin, any medicines that needed to be kept cool, & everything in fridge and freezer).

SGR-20K30E​

Is the package I'm looking at. Two SPH10048P inverters, plus 6 SG48100P LifePo4 batteries, plus a rack to hold the batteries, 32 440w solar panels, plus cables and other stuff. It's not cheap, but would be worth it to not have to replace all of our groceries and some of our appliances again (lost microwave and air fryer to power surges).
I'm very interested in your setup and have so many questions.

I wonder if it would be worth it to just build a kit instead of buying the one from the site and seeing how much it would cost to get the 12kw inverters and maybe some larger solar panels and see if I could get it for the same price or cheaper (not likely cheaper, but we can always try).

A friend was thinking we could fit stuff in a small utility closet near my laundry room but someone else said it should be kept in an outside building instead. I do have a metal shed. I need to patch the roof and probably insulate it better though. Worst case I could get a small plastic shed to slap together-- if plastic would be OK and not melt. I could always put sheetrock or cement board up and I want to use the rack/shelf thingy that comes with the kit for the batteries.

Any thoughts?
Edit: removed link in case it violated rules

Back