diy solar

diy solar

The beginnings

Thanks! I'm trying to figure out why I shouldn't order these yesterday. Why aren't they selling these like hotcakes??

They are selling quite a few. I think what maybe scares off some people is coming from accross the pond and the comment about extra tariffs possible. There was no extra cost for me and it only took a couple weeks.

I think if Will tested them they would go nuts. One of the reasons I put it on here......

Ahha It sounds like you paralleled two cells first? Am I reading that right with one BMS. Had another look and that is indeed what you have . so its described as 2P8S. The BMS covers each paralleled pair and if one goes down it can be hard to detect that way but many do it and even Will is a believer in that .

I have 8 cells in series then those two strings paralleled but with a BMS on each string.That covers each cell but the resistances through each string must be close or they can get out of balance and one string take and give more work than the other.

Show me. I don't believe that.

There are many sellers of these, and usually you can find one close enough to pick up and save shipping:

There are many sellers of these, and usually you can find one close enough to pick up and save shipping:

It's more expensive and USED. Apples and oranges.

It's more expensive and USED. Apples and oranges.

You asked a question and I gave an answer. Apples and oranges? They are both batteries. One is a highly respected used pack and the other is a new and questionable no-name china pack. Which one will still be working in 7-10 years? I'd hope both, but I'd only bet my money on the Tesla. I'm sure others feel the same way, which is probably why these are not "selling like hotcakes", while the Tesla packs are.

You asked a question and I gave an answer. Apples and oranges? They are both batteries. One is a highly respected used pack and the other is a new and questionable no-name china pack. Which one will still be working in 7-10 years? I'd hope both, but I'd only bet my money on the Tesla. I'm sure others feel the same way, which is probably why these are not "selling like hotcakes", while the Tesla packs are.

I would never buy used batteries of unknown history, but maybe that's just me.

Back