diy solar

diy solar

Thoughts on Ecoworthy 3KVA and similar - for UK?

ddobson

I'm looking for hybrid 24V inverter suggestions - 1KVA is probably enough, but I'd thought to go for 1.5KVA or higher to have some headroom. My 1KW of 24V panels are in series/parallel for site-related reasons so need a relatively low minimum input voltage. The Ecoworthy 1500 or 3000W fits the bill, but it would be good to hear of any experience.

Eco-Worthy is Tier-5...

Out of 3 tiers...

They've been known to have issues deciding what their PV voltage should be and releasing the magic orange smoke when you guess wrong. I haven't seen a good review yet.

If you're OK with 1Kw, the MPP 1012LV is a great choice, and I remember they have a 230v version as well. There are also 24v 3Kw units from various manufacturers that are MUCH better than Eco-Worthy.

Is this suitable?

Or perhaps this

Never heard of those brands, but the Edecoa is much better specs for the money. If you're working on a super tight budget, go with at least a PowMr unit for the $250. While they're not a Great brand, they're at least heard of and have a history of being "OK" units.

Never heard of those brands, but the Edecoa is much better specs for the money. If you're working on a super tight budget, go with at least a PowMr unit for the $250. While they're not a Great brand, they're at least heard of and have a history of being "OK" units.

Neither are even close to top brands, I don't think they've got a presence on the American market , but both are reasonable well known brands here in the uk , and both honour their warranties (which counts for something lol)

Do Sunsynk have inverters in their range that would meet your needs? they have an office in the north west that you could ring them to ask for tech advice etc?

ive just fitted a 5kw hybrid that was easy to set up and they were very supportive prior to purchase and afterwards, taking the time to offer advice when needed, they have also just set up an on line support app, where they answer within a few minutes, supposedly night or day (because they have offices around the world they can offer this service)

check out youtube videos on sunsynk, they produce a lot of training videos .....

Thanks all - I'll have a look at those various options. But keep any other suggestions coming, so long as they are available in the UK and 250V/50Hz!

Back