diy solar

diy solar

Thoughts on Rich Solar Inverter + Batteries

Milli42

Hi Everyone!

I'm looking at Rich Solar's current deal for two batteries and a 6500W inverter 120V. I don't have any intention on using 240 as this will just back up critical loads through a transfer switch. I don't see alot of reviews (or much at all) when it comes to Rich Solar's inverter/batteries. Any thoughts on this?

This bundle is going for $3,999.99 + 12% off. So I'd be getting an inverter + two 4.8kWh batteries for much cheaper than the 6500EX + two signature solar batteries. Since I don't need the 240V, seems like a better option. But I don't want to be getting anything that's poor quality. I just don't much about this brand outside of their solar panels.

Welcome to the forum.
Those are voltronic based inverters / MPP LV6548, the 6500ex is also a Voltronic and SS is said to be discontinuing it... The older generation is supposedly much more reliable than the newer, fortunately the rich solar units still have the 250voc mppt spec so they should be the older units that are said to be much better.

Personally I would look at SRNE, direct from the OEM or rebranded. I've been running an SRNE ASF48100U200-H for a few months with 0 issues, I was running a Voltronic based prior to that with minor issues.

That isn't a bad price for the kit but I can't speak for rich solar support or reliability.
There are a few members running the same SRNE as me as well as the sun gold power relabel that all seem to be very happy so far.

FYI you can get pretty much the same kit from SGP for a great price. I'm sure you could find other coupons if you searched around, I used the first one I found...

Screenshot_20231104-103932.jpg

Back