diy solar

diy solar

Trouble to get registered

dirk

Ok, I am in now, but I had "a problem" with the password. If you do not enter a strong enough password (ie don't use Capitals, &^$# or something like that, the system refuses you entry without a warning. But I am in so no biggy now ...

I had to re-register under different email address. My original account and post have been deleted or lost. WTF

Me too, original registration disappeared, including a query I wrote (12 Sept). As previous member WTF.
I had to re-register under different email address. My original account and post have been deleted or lost. WTF

The registration system has had some tweaks recently, so it should be easier for legit signups to work.

All forums get bombarded by bot signups etc trying to get an account and spam the hell out of things.

All forums get bombarded by bot signups etc trying to get an account and spam the hell out of things.
How does this relate to my case or that of WTFdude? We were legit members who had their accounts 'vanish'. I for one am not a bot nor am I am spammer. If you intent to moderate this site please keep to the point.
The question you need to answer is where did our original accounts, and any chats, disappear to?

Sorry mate but this is a free community forum supported by Will at his own expense. There is no suggestion that we are all experts in moderating the forum, mistakes can happen. I don't know the specifics of what you are asking. I thought I was doing people a favour by attempting to inform them of why there had been difficulty signing up. I can see that was itself a mistake, one that I won't be repeating.

Thanks gnubie. Appreciate the response. Fully aware of history re Will. You're doing it again! Telling members what they haven't asked for and wasting their time. A little patronising maybe! Do yourself a favour (english spelling) if you intend to act as Moderator. Stick to the topic. Don't pontificate. Answer the question!!!!!!! "Where did our original accounts disappear to?". If you don't know, then don't moderate the query. Simple. Glad you've decided to take this as a learning experience. I applaud you. Have a good day.

Please see below on forum relocation & migration:

Back