diy solar

diy solar

UK related query - 3 phase supply providing 3 separate phases, can i claim FiT and SEG

MisterB1959

Solar Enthusiast
good morning, this is a UK specific enquiry related to receiving payments for feeding excess power to the grid

i currently receive FiT payments for British Gas from an existing PV system. i now wish to add more solar and if possible attract SEG payments aswell.

i understand the usual answer is not without impacting on FiT payments HOWEVER, my circumstances are a little different in that i am on a three phase supply.

One phase is dedicated to normal household load and my current PV system,
One phase is dedicated to my night storage heaters controlled by a smart meter, that is only live during the times set by my electricity provider (Octopus)
The third phase is unused.

would it be technically possible to utilise the third phase as a dedicated phase purely for SEG export purposes? i understand that it would require a separate export meter on the unused phase if it was possible. My thinking is that if its a totally different 'supply' it might actually be possible?

has anyone any experience or definitive knowledge other than the standard 'you cant mix the two schemes' response, if it cant be achieved for a technical reason then please let me know, if anyone else has explored this and been informed it isnt possible then also please let me know.

thanks

Your scenario may be technically feasible, but would need to be evaluated to see if it is possible to install a separate exit meter on the unused third phase and ensure the stability of the system.

Back