diy solar

diy solar

Unconventional: Generator, ATS, wiring to 6000xp, doable?

JL Hut

What do you think, any problems? Better ideas? I know most would use the 6000 xp to control the Gen., but there is a large distance between the house, barn, Gen. and gas source. There is more info on the attached PDF

Attachments

• SOLAR_ HOME FARM VER 1.pdf
    519.4 KB · Views: 9
Second try with new screen capture, hope it works, looks good on my end.
What do you think, any problems? Better ideas? I know most would use the 6000 xp to control the Gen., but there is a large distance between the house, barn, Gen. and gas source. There is more info on the attached PDF

Attachments

• _SOLAR FARM HOME ver 1 screen capture.pdf.png
    _SOLAR FARM HOME ver 1 screen capture.pdf.png
    156.6 KB · Views: 7
SEE UPDATED ATTACHMENT

So the ATS (or Gen control panel) determines when to start the generator if voltage is lost on the incoming utility feed. As long as the gen starts when it needs to there is no reason to involve the Inverters. They will do what they are supposed to do. Switch over to battery back up mode and supply loads when utility is lost and then switch back to pass-thru when the gen starts and the ATS sends power to the inverter inputs.

One comment: The 6000XP is rated for 50A or (35A Gen) pass-thru. There is a single 2 pole, 60A breaker feeding both inverters so technically its oversized to protect a single inverter. Would be better to put in 2 x 50A or 2 x 40A to match the output breakers.

The smaller 40A output breakers do offer the required individual inverter protection but they are way down stream.

ok, thanks I will cogitate on that a while and see if I have any questions,

Back