diy solar

diy solar

Used CALB cells

Interesting they shipped from Sydney. Almost tempted in to getting a set to play with .... almost!

I would stick to cutting out at 3.0v. From 3.0v to 2.5v, you only get 2-3AH out of these, however you start getting on the steep drop off of the discharge curve and risk stressing the cells to a point of causing damage.

There are "Smart" bms that can send a cutoff signal when a cell drops too low, Will has mentioned them in videos before.
I notice that the balancing system is 24V is there a way to get them to work with 48V?

Interesting they shipped from Sydney. Almost tempted in to getting a set to play with .... almost!
Gotta bite the bullet sooner or later . Pretty happy with my old 50Ah's which I've done a few times and now the 100Ah's are looking good. Now thinking about one of those MPP inverters because Victron chargers are so bloody expensive . May as well go much bigger and get some more of these 100Ah's

Just looking around today though I see these which are same store but twice the Ah and a lot cheaper.
Sorry if this is a stupid question but if I bought 16 of these I could make a 48v battery? so would it be a 48v/200 amp battery?

B. James -I tried to message you but I could not do it. You mentioned a battery balancer that you saw on Wills video that gets your cells within 35mv. Can you tell me its name? Is it the one with colour screen that would fit in the palm of your hand? What size are your batteries that this runs? Thanks in advance.

Back