diy solar

diy solar

Valence! Awesome video!

erik.calco

Solar Badger
Thank you, @Will Prowse , for the valence teardown. I acquired a red light one in a collection I grabbed on craigslist. More than got my $40 worth w/o the Valence, but I was considering tearing it apart. You made my day today doing it!

I cannot wait to see the videos of you re-using the BMS and testing those cells!!!

Nice to see the guts of a Valence. Well made, not just a bunch of off the shelf parts.

Sweet. Seeing inside all this stuff is going to be really interesting. The PCB coating is generically referred to as conformal coating.

Last edited:
I'm new here but want to jump in. I have the U27 12XP battery. Two actually. One has been put in shelf mode some how, not sure how and the other has a red flashing light. I called for help and here is the letter I received. Different info from Will's video regarding the BMS. Also the guy at Stortronics is just now learning and not any help. Manual really doesn't help. Does anyone in here have any advise. I am just a consumer and not an engineer which I know doesn't help. Thanks Letter attached
PS Will, if you see this you might want to talk about the Valence customer support in one of your videos which I really enjoy watching.

Attachments

• $$$$$.pdf
    186.3 KB · Views: 10
I'm new here but want to jump in. I have the U27 12XP battery. Two actually. One has been put in shelf mode some how, not sure how and the other has a red flashing light. I called for help and here is the letter I received. Different info from Will's video regarding the BMS. Also the guy at Stortronics is just now learning and not any help. Manual really doesn't help. Does anyone in here have any advise. I am just a consumer and not an engineer which I know doesn't help. Thanks Letter attached
PS Will, if you see this you might want to talk about the Valence customer support in one of your videos which I really enjoy watching.

If you have motivation to become the DIY version of an engineer, on my Valence notes I linked a page someone posted here on how to tap into the diagnostics. I have not tried it, yet. I have a bad Valence, but no time for it right now.

Back