diy solar

diy solar

Victron 15,000 va inverter charger

grebaba

I was on the Victron site this morning and saw they have a Multiplus 11 charger inverter rated at 15,000 Va.
I am looking for a future purchase and was interested in one of these but saw in the spec sheet that it is 230 V only.
Anyone know if they are going to produce these in a 220V form in the future?
Greg

I was on the Victron site this morning and saw they have a Multiplus 11 charger inverter rated at 15,000 Va.
I am looking for a future purchase and was interested in one of these but saw in the spec sheet that it is 230 V only.
Anyone know if they are going to produce these in a 220V form in the future?
Greg

Assume you're looking for 120/240 split phase consistent with North American power, not 220V. Victron makes exactly ZERO split phase inverters.

Pretty confident on "never" being the answer.

You could purchase this and get an autotransformer (about $700) to get 120/240 split phase.

Yeah I meant 120-240. I am still new to this and get the specs wrong due to my ignorance and old age, LOL.
I was mostly sure the answer would be never on that question to.
The auto transformer idea is something I didn't even consider. Thanks for bringing it up.
Greg

I was looking at the 2 5000 10kw system before I saw the 15k and as I am a little limited on space it seemed like a good idea to go with one box over two but It looks like I am back to a split phase 2 box configuration.
Greg

Assume you're looking for 120/240 split phase consistent with North American power, not 220V. Victron makes exactly ZERO split phase inverters.

Pretty confident on "never" being the answer.

You could purchase this and get an autotransformer (about $700) to get 120/240 split phase.
The Victron autotransformers had a decent price drop at start of year when the inverters had a drop.

The 100A with 32A neutral is $510 now.

That is more like it.
A hundred here and there adds up. Has anybody any experience using these transformers? I have never used one and since I am new to this I don't need to order some more parts that I won't know how to assembly correctly. I have done it quit a bit lately with this solar.
Greg

Has anybody any experience using these transformers?
I've got one, but I put in custom circuitry to switch it in only when running on inverter to balance the loads.

Like @sunshine_eggo , I recommend 2x 10kVA or 5 kVA units operating in 120/240V split phase (stacked).

Although relying on a single inverter is more cost effective, the system is less robust due to the
autotransformer's limitation (28A continuous) on current difference between legs.

Back