diy solar

diy solar

Victron 150/85 SCC and battery monitor are showing different amounts of charge going in?

48Rob

I have a 12 volt system for my camper.
440 Amp hrs of LFP battery, and 800 Watts of panels.
I Installed a 120 volt charger as well, and have charged to 100% several times in the last couple months, and discharged down to 150 Amp hours as the lowest discharge, and several other levels, but higher. This is only with the 120 charger, not solar.

Parked the camper in the sun today and the Victron 150/85 says I harvested 1250 Watts/104 Amp hours, but my battery monitor claims I have added 158 Amp hours.
I started with 221 AH. and ended with 379 AH. over roughly 8 hours. I have had nothing but the LP detector on. No other power draw.

As an aside, my 800 Watts of panel, laid more or less flat produced a peak of 502 Watts. 62% seems a touch low, but it is just early April...?

Any suggestions or can you point me to instructions on how to learn if it is my monitor, or SCC that needs adjustment?

I have an 800w array on a Victron 100/50 - with flat-ish panels (12v). Currently near Little Rock AR, the last few day my peak watts have been:
Peak W. Yield
223w - .62kWh- but it’s been very cloudy today.
530w - 3.01kWr
683w - 1.82kWr - cloudy
543w - 3.39kWr
551w - 3.66kWh
569w - 3.31kWh
686w - 3.69kWh
All days except cloudy days we have got into float - so “more” power could have been harvested.

A few things to notice: The Peak does not have anything to do with total yield. My highest peak day - I didn’t fill my battery. That is usually the lense effect with clouds.

In June around Noon I can get to 700w (the max for the 100/50) if it is a perfectly bright clear day.

Tilting does help a lot. In January in Arizona, I can gain about 200+ watts by tilting and it is needed then. In the summer, I don’t need to bother tilting.

Does that help answer some of your questions on your panels-

I can’t help on the amp differences.

Thanks!

It is nice to have a similar system by which to gauge.
I went through my SCC settings again just now and all looked good for LFP batteries, except the rotary dial was not on 7. After changing it and looking at the other settings, all looks right, but the sun is going down.

I appreciate the help.

Back