diy solar

diy solar

Victron VRM monitoring alarm

nc73

Solar Enthusiast
Anyone use VRM to alert low voltage, etc? Seems anything I try to monitor, I always end up with false alarms. Just now it said generatory start relay 1...but it's not even at the voltage to even alert or start the generator. Generator never actually starts, btw. Well it's really AC in. Few days ago low voltage from smartshunt alert...and that was also false. I find that it's better to set the alarm on the smartshunt itself for it to not produce any false alarms. Not sure why there is such a feature when it doesn't work as it should. At least their hardware works as intended.

Anyone use VRM to alert low voltage, etc? Seems anything I try to monitor, I always end up with false alarms. Just now it said generatory start relay 1...but it's not even at the voltage to even alert or start the generator. Generator never actually starts, btw. Well it's really AC in. Few days ago low voltage from smartshunt alert...and that was also false. I find that it's better to set the alarm on the smartshunt itself for it to not produce any false alarms. Not sure why there is such a feature when it doesn't work as it should. At least their hardware works as intended.
I do. Works perfect. What device do you have set for the Cerbo to read voltage? If you go into the advanced tab and look at your battery voltage history is it getting down to the low voltage level to trigger the gen start relay 1?

I do. Works perfect. What device do you have set for the Cerbo to read voltage? If you go into the advanced tab and look at your battery voltage history is it getting down to the low voltage level to trigger the gen start relay 1?
First I had the smartshunt device set via VRM, and no I investigated the voltage history, never went down to 43.3 like it said. My bms would've shut down down at that voltage. What I did next was set the alarm within the smartshunt itself and that worked perfectly. same with the gen start relay 1, voltage never got down to 47 where it would start the relay. I think I will just remove the alarm setup in the VRM for the gen start. The only thing that didn't have a false alarm was the pv voltage alert from my mppt.

I haven't had any false alarms.

Perhaps a loose connection?
quite possible but not sure where that would be. I will be moving my diy batteries to shelving pretty soon so I guess I will make sure once again.

Are you running the ESS assistant on your inverter? I just found that the defaults of the dynamic voltage cut-off function were set way too conservatively and triggering constant low voltage alarms, basically anytime any loads got applied to the battery's.

Back