diy solar

diy solar

VRM screen shots. Post them!

Sorry but I'm not within 500 mi of my system right now and it's not online at this time. So can't grab a screen shot for you (I certainly would if I was there)
Back last summer I spent a little time looking at the self consumption of the system particularly the Multi and thought all the numbers were fine.
I would be astounded if I pushed the 3000w inverter to say 2500w (I haven't so far) and saw loses like you are with your 2000W unit.

How do you get your “time to go” number for the battery? How is the set on a Cerbo?
I also wonder if weather can be set to F instead of C?

Have you measured the DC current with an independent instrument like an accurate clamp on amp meter?

This thread gives me the idea to characterize my Victron smart shunt so I can measure the voltage drop across it with a scopecorder and calculate the current, independent of a Victron processor.
IMG_0786.png

How do you get your “time to go” number for the battery? How is the set on a Cerbo?
SOC is calculated by the Multi and that data is passed to the Cerbo so you can see it in the VRM in most normal setups. But you can change the SOC calculations to be transmitted by other things such as a smart shunt if you choose. The Multi calculation is usually the best choice.
I also wonder if weather can be set to F instead of C?

Yes you can make it C or F

Here’s my ESS under a fairly hefty load at a moment in time this morning.

Total consumption: 7910 W

Total DC power in: 7273 W battery + 570 W PV = 7843 W
Grid power in: 864 W
Total power in: 7843 W DC + 864 W AC = 8707 W

Efficiency Loss: 8707 W - 7910 W = 787 W

Efficiency: 7910W W / 8707 W = 90.8%

This excludes the losses from the battery rack to the shunt.

If we exclude the grid power, the efficiency is (7910-864) / 7843 =
89.8%

IMG_6645.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm still installing and working on everything, but this is what it looks like so far.

Attachments

• vrm 450.png
    vrm 450.png
    118 KB · Views: 7
Back