diy solar

diy solar

When daly bms shuts off charge mosfet due to low temp, the amps-in reading goes to 74 amps even though no charging is taking place.

Checkthisout

Solar Wizard
It's night time. There are 2 amps leaving the battery. The charge mosfet is off. If I reset bms it reads normal until low temp shutoff kicks in and I get the reading below. It shows 70 amps in.Screenshot_20240112_191817_Chrome.jpg

Does nobody use this BMS?

I just noticed thus morning, that even though the "ChargeMos" is off due to low temperature, the thing is allowing the battery to charge. I have no way of stopping this remotely.

You can't tell it by the amperage read out but I can see the voltage climbing.

@Damon YIP

Yes I use these BMS devices and they work correctly, when charge MOS is off there is no charge current.

I'm assuming that you have shut connection to the BMS and PC software down and restarted to force it to reread the MOS state, just to be sure it really is off.

However, if there is no parallel battery in the system then where is the 70A charge coming from?

If you were close to the BMS, you could check for a voltage difference across the BMS battery connections, if it's really off there should be a small voltage difference.

Sounds like a BMS fault of some kind if this is the case. If there is another charge source at night then I would suspect a shorted FET.

Yes I use these BMS devices and they work correctly, when charge MOS is off there is no charge current.

I'm assuming that you have shut connection to the BMS and PC software down and restarted to force it to reread the MOS state, just to be sure it really is off.

However, if there is no parallel battery in the system then where is the 70A charge coming from?

The 70 amp charge current appears as soon as the charge mosfet turns off. It's an error, not an actual 70 amps current. This is one of the issues.

The other issue is that the voltage climbs up during the day when the mppt is going. Unfortunately i lost the connection to the mppt (epever) and cannot see how much current its actuall putting out.
If you were close to the BMS, you could check for a voltage difference across the BMS battery connections, if it's really off there should be a small voltage difference.

Sounds like a BMS fault of some kind if this is the case. If there is another charge source at night then I would suspect a shorted FET.

Yeah. I think its a software issue, not hardware.

Daly has not responded. No idea what to do other than shrug.

Back