diy solar

diy solar

Where to buy busbar material

ericfx1984

Solar Enthusiast
Hey y'all... I hope everybody's having a great day. Where do I go to get busbar material... I don't want to get junk but I don't want to be broke either

Thanks in advance everyone

Depends where you are located.

I use McMaster-Carr because they have actual specifications for the materials.
Not necessarily the cheapest though. But it gets to my house in two days.

Depends where you are located.

I use McMaster-Carr because they have actual specifications for the materials.
Not necessarily the cheapest though. But it gets to my house in two days.

Man I hope for their non-automotive materials they have better documentation on their website.

As far as ordering, getting the products, and the quality, I agree. McMaster-Carr seems to be the go-to for automotive guys who need specific replacement hardware that isn't available elsewhere.

Maybe I am just dumb and missed something obvious, but I had to place an order for a huge swathe of constant-tension spring clips to re-do all the cooling/vaccum/etc hoses in my project car. I measured them out in mm since it's a foreign car, realized McMaster-Carr's website listed all of the clamp diameters in SAE only.

I spend half an hour going over my huge laundry list of hose diameters (ended up with about 15 different sizes of clamps) and converting them to SAE, and trying to find the closest-possible size to match.

When get the dang clamps, they are literally all marked only in metric! Maybe I'm just dumb and don't understand how these are normally sold.

In their defense though, I had enough of the correct size clamps based off my conversions to get the car back together.

Man I hope for their non-automotive materials they have better documentation on their website.
McMaster has a complete collection of stock across lots of disciplines, sometimes even hard-to-find stuff.
For quick fasteners and general mechanical engineering stock, they are hard to beat on convenience.
Sometimes their prices are great, sometimes shockingly high.

It has always been a great place to browse for hours, you can learn a lot just by seeing what's available out there.

Back