diy solar

diy solar

Which Panel would you Buy?

Donniesuits

I think I have researched myself into confusion and now can't decide what panel to buy with all the different technology out there. So here are my 3 choices and the questions on each which are preventing me from a final decision.

1st I want the most efficient panel and also high quality, lets forget about cost because all 3 are within $5 to $10 of each other. These would be mounted on a roof that has a 35 degree pitch on it so flat mounted 2" above the shingles therefore Bifacial really wont have an impact but listed 2 manufactures here because of the number of BusBars which seem to be important at least from a marketing perspective as far as I know.

BougeRV N-Type 16BB 100W Bifacial Mono Solar Panel, compact physical size: Things I think matter but may not; 16BB, N-Type cells, physical size.

WERCHTAY 100 Watt Solar Panel Monocrystalline Solar Panel, 12BB Solar Cells: 12BB - Regular size for this watt panel, not sure if this is a good brand I have not heard of it. Manufacture does not state if this is a p-type, n-type or perc and could not find anything on it in this regard.

ECO-WORTHY Bifacial Solar Panel 100 Watt Monocrystalline Solar Panel, 12BB: Same as the Werchtay but Bifacial but not sure of the manufacturer but it looks like people like them.

Questions does 16BB really matter vs 12BB, also does a smaller physical size really give the the same power vs regular size panel of the same wattage? Honestly, 6 or 8 inches in length and 2 - 4 inches in width will not make a difference for my space but not sure about these panels that promote "compact size" that they actually put out the most power compared to "regular" size. I have a notion although could be wrong that smaller is not better when it comes to solar panels.

I think I have researched myself into confusion and now can't decide what panel to buy with all the different technology out there. So here are my 3 choices and the questions on each which are preventing me from a final decision.

1st I want the most efficient panel and also high quality, lets forget about cost because all 3 are within $5 to $10 of each other. These would be mounted on a roof that has a 35 degree pitch on it so flat mounted 2" above the shingles therefore Bifacial really wont have an impact but listed 2 manufactures here because of the number of BusBars which seem to be important at least from a marketing perspective as far as I know.

BougeRV N-Type 16BB 100W Bifacial Mono Solar Panel, compact physical size: Things I think matter but may not; 16BB, N-Type cells, physical size.

WERCHTAY 100 Watt Solar Panel Monocrystalline Solar Panel, 12BB Solar Cells: 12BB - Regular size for this watt panel, not sure if this is a good brand I have not heard of it. Manufacture does not state if this is a p-type, n-type or perc and could not find anything on it in this regard.

ECO-WORTHY Bifacial Solar Panel 100 Watt Monocrystalline Solar Panel, 12BB: Same as the Werchtay but Bifacial but not sure of the manufacturer but it looks like people like them.

Can't render any advice based on bolded names.

Questions does 16BB really matter vs 12BB,

Not in any truly meaningful way.

also does a smaller physical size really give the the same power vs regular size panel of the same wattage?

Only if the cells themselves are truly more efficient. Most modern panels are in the 19-21% efficiency range.

Questions does 16BB really matter vs 12BB, also does a smaller physical size really give the the same power vs regular size panel of the same wattage? Honestly, 6 or 8 inches in length and 2 - 4 inches in width will not make a difference for my space but not sure about these panels that promote "compact size" that they actually put out the most power compared to "regular" size. I have a notion although could be wrong that smaller is not better when it comes to solar panels.
I have some of the Ecoworthy bifacials, pretty compact and easy to move around.

Back