diy solar

diy solar

who is still burning wood in april?

I ran across these this fall, 535 gallon and ASME rated. Cost was $600 each. I have another 370 gallon buffer tank, same height but slightly less diameter. I bought that for $175, too cheap to pass up. Expansion tank will cost me dearly.

Boiler will be an older Eko, the guy sold it to me cheap enough and threw in extras for free. He was 83 years old and his wife told him he was done burning wood. Eventual plan is staple up radiant on main floor of house, kids are moved away and we don't need to heat upstairs. I will add a coil to furnace for now, too many other projects to take up my time. Eventually I will add an air to water heat pump even though we can heat the house with the heat pump mini splits, I want that energy storage. I look at the tanks as just another battery.

View attachment 213635
nice! Did you get both of them?

nice! Did you get both of them?
Sure did, that is my storage shed.

It's all sitting there waiting for the new garage it is going in. 3 tanks, EKO gasification wood boiler and even a heat dump coil for any overheat.

Need to source a good scale yet to weigh the wood according to needed tank temp desired increase.

I have a shop solar system taking up my time now, getting ready for array foundation if I can get the right weather timed with my work schedule. Once that is done, the array will go up quick. Then build the battery bank.

Back