diy solar

diy solar

60 amp mppt Amazon deal, 50% off

With LFP it’s preferable to get at or above 3.5 occasionally so your top balance doesn’t drift too much. Other than that, they’re happy at 3.35 all day.

Mine is CC/CV.

Charge to set voltage. Hold voltage for as long as it can.

Nothing in the specs clued me in when I bought it. The manual wasn't available online.

A 3 stage charger should list at least bulk/boost/absorption (3 names for same thing) and float voltages.
So when the charger can no longer hold the set charge rate does it dump power to the DC load?

So when the charger can no longer hold the set charge rate does it dump power to the DC load?

Have no idea what you mean by that part. This is simply a solar charger. It works like any other, but it doesn't have 3 stages.

There is no set charge rate. There is a set charge voltage. It holds this voltage for as long as there is sufficient PV to power the loads.

If I tell you this behaves like a 3 stage charger with absorption and float set to the same value, does that help?

Have no idea what you mean by that part. This is simply a solar charger. It works like any other, but it doesn't have 3 stages.

There is no set charge rate. There is a set charge voltage. It holds this voltage for as long as there is sufficient PV to power the loads.

If I tell you this behaves like a 3 stage charger with absorption and float set to the same value, does that help?
I have a victron 100/20 that has DC load terminals and understand that it supplies minimal (1a if memory serves) of power to the load but has 3 stages of battery charging. For some reason (quite possibly illogically) my mind struck the thought that if this controller only has 2 stages and does not float the battery that it - for lack of a better term- dumped the power not used into the DC load. Thus making it a very useful (in my mind anyway) to top off a battery then power extra tasks like hot water, power an electrolysis tank, mine bit coin, etc.
A simplistic thought, but then I'm still not 100% fluent in solar yet but working on it. LOL

Load terminals are simply an alternate connection to the battery with some control options and its own current limit.
Mine just showed up today — do you recommend connecting load to the CC as its manual shows, or can I continue to just run my load off the battery? I would have to cut (read: "make") some cables to connect thru CC? Any big advantage to running thru the CC? I'd rather keep it simple with load directly on bat for now.

Back