diy solar

diy solar

6500EX-Another one bites the dust.

jbkrntrprz

Well after many weeks of random trouble shooting the conclusion has come that my 6500EX inverters are defective,(Surprise)! Been authorized store credit. Will be replacing with 2 EG4 6000XPs. Anyone who would not recommend these inverters please speak up.
Excuse me while I go and rewire everything back to the Main panel. Glad I'm retired!

Last edited:
Well after many weeks of random trouble shooting the conclusion has come that my 6500EX inverters are defective,(Surprise)! Been authorized store credit. Will be replacing with 2 EG4 6000XPs. Anyone who would not recommend these inverters please speak up.
Excuse me while I go and rewire everything back to the Main panel. Glad I'm retired!

I hear little complaints about the 6000XP, if you need help commissioning feel free to reach out!

I hear little complaints about the 6000XP, if you need help commissioning feel free to reach out!
Have an idea. I could probably get by with just one EG4 6000XP because I can manage the output to below the limits, but the PV input is a problem. One of the inverters could not handle my total watts from the panels. Would it be possible to use one inverter and supplement it with a charge controller to take on the excess PV input? How and is that an option? I have 6 Lifepower 4 batteries.

Thanks Jared. What complaints have you heard? What I'm hearing is good, but the unknown is always good to know.

The primary concerns reported include difficulties with BMS communication, which are typically resolved with ease, and challenges encountered when connecting the inverter to the monitoring system, which has been problematic for some.

Back