diy solar

diy solar

Adding a second 24v EG4-LL; fully charge it first?

glock35ipsc

When I built my system I did it knowing I would be adding more batteries as funds allowed, and I was able to order a 2nd battery yesterday. My question is, will I need to fully charge the 2nd battery before paralleling it with my original (1 month old)? Or go ahead and make the connections, turn everything back on, and let the charger do it's thing?

My setup is a 24V 3kW SunGoldPower AIO with one EG4-LL V1 battery. Second battery is also a V1.

Thanks,
Bob

I think the manual says get them to within.1 volt, but if they’re reasonably similar I’ve found that you can just connect them, flip the switches and they will equalize without exceeding any current limits.
Just got Back from adding two 40% soc lifepower4 48 volt to system with 4 fully charged ones, and they did fine that way.

I think the manual says get them to within.1 volt, but if they’re reasonably similar I’ve found that you can just connect them, flip the switches and they will equalize without exceeding any current limits.
Just got Back from adding two 40% soc lifepower4 48 volt to system with 4 fully charged ones, and they did fine that way.

OK cool, thanks. The first one was around 45% SOC when I received it, so it sounds like they are shipped fairly low anyhow.

Back