diy solar

diy solar

Altestore.com clearance

Well all this stuff on Amazon isnt helping anyone. China makes money and buyer receives garbage.
At some point we gotta step back and ask ourselves who we want to support in this industry. I sure hope Altestore can hang on through a slump.
Personally I couldn't care less if Amazon crumbles.

AltE Was cheaper than amazon for the Hub 4 I needed (thought I'd just compare). Since I was already payinf truck shipping for the inverter it didn't cost any more in shipping. Not sure why AltE only ships it via truck - my first Radian came via UPS from Stella Volta.

Well all this stuff on Amazon isnt helping anyone. China makes money and buyer receives garbage.
At some point we gotta step back and ask ourselves who we want to support in this industry. I sure hope Altestore can hang on through a slump.
Personally I couldn't care less if Amazon crumbles.
"Know the world you live in".

Would really be better for the real solar distributors to not purchase solar gear from Amazon. Not making reference to anyone in this thread but I know a lot of people think the stuff they buy on Amazon is "safe". We've seen plenty of burnt fuses and circuit breakers posted on this forum purchased off of amazon from some no name company.

Would really be better for the real solar distributors to not purchase solar gear from Amazon. Not making reference to anyone in this thread but I know a lot of people think the stuff they buy on Amazon is "safe". We've seen plenty of burnt fuses and circuit breakers posted on this forum purchased off of amazon from some no name company.
But why isn't my $14.97 CHINNGMEE 200A breaker no good???

Amazon has started taking after Temu and Wish's business model.

"Who cares, it was cheaper there and they accept returns!"

Wellllllll I just got an email from AltE saying they already sold it and they're canceling my order.

Dang.

I really didn't need it. I guess they saved me from spending money I really didn't need to spend.

I ordered the Morningstar TS-MPPT-45. Just got shipping confirmation and tracking number this morning so that went through ok.

$550 MPPT at the PWM version price $223 😁

Thanks Altestore!!!

Wellllllll I just got an email from AltE saying they already sold it and they're canceling my order.

Dang.

I really didn't need it. I guess they saved me from spending money I really didn't need to spend.
What did you order Sparky?

What did you order Sparky?
The Radian GS8048A. They cranked the price to $3500 today (shipping additional $420). I don't need a second one. If I did, I'd just buy from Stella Volta for $3200 free shipping.

The Radian GS8048A. They cranked the price to $3500 today (shipping additional $420). I don't need a second one. If I did, I'd just buy from Stella Volta for $3200 free shipping.
Sounds like they realized they could get more or the initial price was just to get the public’s interest in their sales event.
It’s the same crap WalMart and the rest do on Black Friday. They Advertise a $700 TV for $350 but only have a handful in stock at each store.

Sounds like they realized they could get more or the initial price was just to get the public’s interest in their sales event.
It’s the same crap WalMart and the rest do on Black Friday. They Advertise a $700 TV for $350 but only have a handful in stock at each store.
I think its more likely they are dumping last year's inventory that has already been wrote off. Trying to generate cash as fast as possible. I cant imagine them sitting on more than 4 or 4 Radians at a time for inventory sake when they are made in USA and readily available.
I do think selling online requires someone to monitor inventory and pricing 7 days a week, its obvious they showed up to work this morning to more orders than inventory. Should have been removed from website upon reaching inventory limit.

I've been buying from them for years, service has always been fantastic. I would not suspect any sort of deceitful marketing, just a company trying to compete online. Pricing has always been competitive. Lately I have noticed their prices rising, perhaps trying to build in more margin for these industry slumps.

Imagine being one of these companies sitting on pallets solar panels or LFP batteries from last year having paid 50% more than what they are now, having to sell at a loss just to keep lights on. Installers are in the same boat if they stocked anything.

Santansolar claims they are so busy that it's taking months to fulfill orders 🤷

Inventory isn't written off. It sits on the books until sold.
But selling it frees up cash, and lets you write off the purchase price (maybe at a loss.)
Harvesting the loss is something I could see doing near end of the fiscal year, to reduce taxes on other things that turned a profit (I've been known to sell my loser shares of stock for that reason.)

Imagine being one of these companies sitting on pallets solar panels or LFP batteries from last year having paid 50% more than what they are now, having to sell at a loss just to keep lights on. Installers are in the same boat if they stocked anything.

Which was the reason I thought the deal could be legit.
Yet other items not marked down nearly as far. Pricing error? or model not compliant with latest codes?

I would assume if it takes months to fulfill an order that they indeed do not have inventory.

It has taken weeks for them to ship what I bought at clearance. That was following a big sale.

How hard would it be for the site to have coded "x" inventory, and when you get enough orders to equal "x", then list as "sold out." That would have prevented having to cancel a bunch of orders and risking making people grumpy.

How hard would it be for the site to have coded "x" inventory, and when you get enough orders to equal "x", then list as "sold out." That would have prevented having to cancel a bunch of orders and risking making people grumpy.
Most e-commerce platforms have this functionality. But the problem is, you can turn it off and run blind.

They probably sold all their on hand inventory at a low price. Anything they sell now will drop ship straight from Outback, meaning they don't have stock in hand with money sitting on the shelf.

Back