diy solar

diy solar

Am I on the right track?

Kiwi DIYer

5DE33501-4AF0-4E98-9B31-AE9697EE1D68.png
Hi all,

Can you please have a look at this and let me know if I am doing thing right or am I about to set fire to my RV.
I am updating all the 12 volt power generating system in my 1994 Holiday Rambler that I have been living in for the past 6 months while working to build up some $$. My plan is to hit the road full time in April next year so need to get this right.

Attachments

• RV 12 volt system.pdf
    231.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
@Kiwi DIYer, I'd think about putting in a battery monitor... I work for a Victron distributor, so of course I'm biased toward the Victron BMV-712 monitor, but the Balmar SG200 (currently on my test bench being run against a Victron BMV-712) isn't bad either, or frankly there's a few on Amazon that are absurdly cheap but seem to be close enough for most the girls I know...
No matter which model, I definitely strongly recommend having one - and a true shunt-based monitor that's measuring in/out current, not just a voltmeter.

@Kiwi DIYer, I'd think about putting in a battery monitor... I work for a Victron distributor, so of course I'm biased toward the Victron BMV-712 monitor, but the Balmar SG200 (currently on my test bench being run against a Victron BMV-712) isn't bad either, or frankly there's a few on Amazon that are absurdly cheap but seem to be close enough for most the girls I know...
No matter which model, I definitely strongly recommend having one - and a true shunt-based monitor that's measuring in/out current, not just a voltmeter.
Thanks Justin,
Yes I am looking at a shunt battery monitor. I like the Victron but am on a budget this close to Christmas. The Lithium batteries have an inbuilt Bluetooth SOC, amps in/out, volts and temperature.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191213-072950.png
    Screenshot_20191213-072950.png
    329.6 KB · Views: 5
Back