diy solar

diy solar

Any experience with Shenzhen Yabo?

newtosa

I'm planning a new hybrid system, and I'm going to build the battery bank slowly over time. For that reason, I'm going to start with rack batteries with on-board BMS (even though I may one day get into DIYing 3.2v's together and adding a BMS).

I've found some 200Ah batteries from Shenzhen Yabo (YaBo Power Technology Company). The site says they're a manufacturer, although they're not listed in the Index of LiFePO4 prismatic manufacturers here. The FOB price is low (about $100/kWh) for a rack battery, but not out of range (no huge red flags based on the low price). It's an internal cell balancing battery, so I do need to decide if I'm ok with that... and I'm going to see if I can get just a couple of them so I can practice building out my parallel bank. So - although I'm not "all chips in" on this battery, I certainly don't want to throw away money either.

I searched the forums for Yabo, and there's not anything I could find. Does anyone have direct experience with this manufacturer?

I purchased some NiMH cells for hybrid vehicles from Yabo several years ago. They were shit.
Thanks! Any reason to believe their prismatic LiFePO4 product would be any different? Or were they the kind of issues that are likely to span all their manufacturing and products?

Back