diy solar

diy solar

Any hybrid inverter support inputs from solar AND wind?

spendlove

I like the new EG4 that Will has reviewed on his YouTube channel recently. However, I don't think it supports inputs from wind generators. Does anyone know if there is a new hybrid inverter that will take power from both sources? Having both handled by one simple box mounted on the wall would be wonderful!

Thank you.

I was just asking if there is a hybrid inverter that has a built in charge controller that will handle power from wind and solar. I didn't see the answer to my question on the link you sent.

I love my Sol-Ark 12K's off grid with 10kw LP Honeywell Gen with auto start. They can handle wind/hydro, but you would have to research or call them for details.

I was just asking if there is a hybrid inverter that has a built in charge controller that will handle power from wind and solar. I didn't see the answer to my question on the link you sent.

I was encouraging you to thoroughly educate yourself on the practicality of wind. It doesn't work for most people.

I can't recommend a hybrid inverter, nor have I ever seen one that does wind only, but MidNite solar has one or two MPPT charge controllers that handle both solar and wind.

Another good option is a Xantrax C40 for standalone wind.

I was encouraging you to thoroughly educate yourself on the practicality of wind. It doesn't work for most people. I can't recommend a hybrid inverter, nor have I ever seen one that does wind only, but MidNite solar has one or two MPPT charge controllers that handle both solar and wind.

I'm not looking to get started with wind, I've had a wind generator for over ten years. I bought one from Southwest Wind before they got bought out. The original charge controller went out, so we replaced it with this wind charge controller:

It's time to phase out of our older 12 volt system and move to 48 volts, so we've been shopping around for a hybrid inverter. It would be nice if the new inverter handled both our solar and wind power.

It's time to phase out of our older 12 volt system and move to 48 volts, so we've been shopping around for a hybrid inverter. It would be nice if the new inverter handled both our solar and wind power.
I'm pretty sure there aren't any inverters that support input from solar and wind. In fact I can't think of any wind turbine inverter that's not specifically built by the turbine manufacturer for the specific turbine.

Have you looked at the Midnite Solar Clipper to see if it will work for you?

What size of SWWP turbine do you have?

New member here.
I've been looking for any resource on this as well. Due to my geographic location; fall, winter, and spring aren't the best for pv harvesting. Wind is very abundant though.
So, for this reason, I've been looking for a system that can harvest from solar and wind. Does any one know if Midnite MPPTs can communicate with other systems ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231117_193745_Google Earth.jpg
    Screenshot_20231117_193745_Google Earth.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Back