diy solar

diy solar

Are CALB batteries a brand or a type of battery

Bigbillsd

I was looking at Sinopoly batteries on the DHGate.com site and they are out of the ones I want. Now they are saying they have 200 of these CALB batteries.

I am a newbie so I don't want to pay twice to get 600ah of decent lifepo4 batteries.

CALB Batteries 200AH Is DHGATE real? What about these batteries?

Thanks for some help here! -Bill

CALB is a well known manufacturer. http://en.calb-tech.com/

Is something you buy off dhgate genuine? That's a good question. If you were prepared to buy sinopoly from the same seller, the risk is going to be roughly the same. If it's a different seller, all bets are off.

Ok, Thanks! These CALB 12.8v 200AH Batteries are selling for just less that $800 shipped to California. About $400 per 100AH. Does that price seem reasonable? + the BMS, battery box etc.

And I have just sent an email to calb in regards to their selling status. -Bill

Oh Boy, here is what I got from CALB.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your email. This supplier is not an authorized CALB distributor or dealer. Please note the "Red" sticker on the side of the cell. It is clearly a degraded or failed product.

We currently have the SE200 cell in our California warehouse. Please let us know your required Qty and we'll forward you to the locally authorized distributor to buy.

Best regards,

Keegan Han

Thanks for your email. This supplier is not an authorized CALB distributor or dealer. Please note the "Red" sticker on the side of the cell. It is clearly a degraded or failed product.

Wow. That's good info. When I was in the business low or failed cells had to go to the recycle bin which we paid to make sure they were not resold. These were a liability. ANY company that sells them would be branded "GRAY MARKET" seller. LG was notorious for this and selling to anyone with cash. We turned down lots of shady pack builders wanting 18650 cells and I'm proud we kept our standards.

For CALB:

White Sticker = Int'l market
Yellow Sticker = Chinese Domestic Market
Red Sticker = Non-Grade-A / didn't meet spec

CALB USA trusted vendors

Best price I see from the trusted vendors is about ~ $230 per cell for 180 Ah, or about ~ $255 for 200 Ah

Back