diy solar

diy solar

Are this Genuine EVE 304AH Batteries?

Anthony0488

Hi, I'm new to the forum, I been searching around for 8 304ah battery and found this seller on Alibaba Shenzhen IMR Technology CO and the sales person is Darcy Kang, it says the company has been in business for 10 years and she says this are Genuine Grade A 304ah EVE units, what do I need to check to confirm I get what a real Grade A? Thanks

Attachments

• Alibaba1282328977.png
    Alibaba1282328977.png
    403.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Alibaba1281428486.png
    Alibaba1281428486.png
    527.2 KB · Views: 45
Yes, those look identical to my 304's.

Once you had them you would check for sanding of the QR code which we can usually tell by a really good closeup picture in just the right light/angle.

you have to check, peel off the qr code and clean with alcohol and see if you see sings of sanding, but generally if the seller did not provide you with a test report there is a very high likelihood they are grade B with counterfeit qr codes.

See:

also:

example of a messed up relasering:

you have to check, peel off the qr code and clean with alcohol and see if you see sings of sanding, but generally if the seller did not provide you with a test report there is a very high likelihood they are grade B with counterfeit qr codes.

See:

also:

example of a messed up relasering:
The lady says a test report will be send with the batteries, I'm just waiting for the shipment. She also send an example of the report. Thanks

Last edited:
Just got the batteries, the bar code doesn't work and Data shift wasn't included like I requested, she send me one before the batteries arrived, but this are not included in that list, waiting for the seller to respond, batteries looks new

Attachments

• 20240509_125122.jpg
    20240509_125122.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 35
  • 20240509_125037.jpg
    20240509_125037.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 35
Peel the black plastic and clean all the residue off. Need to see if there is any sanding around the QR code

Update, I'm not peeling the cover off, I discovered that this company is associated with Docan Technology, batteries are counterfeit, not EVE Original, asked for a full refund and will be sending the batteries back, but will have to pay for the return shipping.

Last edited:
Update, I'm not peeling the cover off, I discovered that this company is associated with Docan Technology, batteries are counterfeit, not EVE Original, asked for a full refund and will be sending the batteries back, but will have to pay for the return shipping.
Are they so counterfeit that you are that worried about the quality that you're willing to pay out of pocket to send them back?

Ask for a refund and never send them back 💁‍♀️
If they are willing to screw you over, do it right back.

I'd be curious to know what part of these batteries you've decided are counterfeit.

Counterfeit quality, like not actually "Grade A" or "EV spec", is certainly possible.

But I am 99.9% sure that is an EVE 304 that was made in an EVE factory. If that's not EVE 304 then mine aren't EVE 304's either. That would be a very funny outcome but I doubt it.

Are they so counterfeit that you are that worried about the quality that you're willing to pay out of pocket to send them back?

Ask for a refund and never send them back 💁‍♀️
If they are willing to screw you over, do it right back.
I asked for a shipping label, let see if they send me one, already file a complaint with paypal and my credit card.

Last edited:
I'd be curious to know what part of these batteries you've decided are counterfeit.

Counterfeit quality, like not actually "Grade A" or "EV spec", is certainly possible.

But I am 99.9% sure that is an EVE 304 that was made in an EVE factory. If that's not EVE 304 then mine aren't EVE 304's either. That would be a very funny outcome but I doubt it.if thiw
I was supposed to get the documents that says this are EVE Battery, with the shipment, but didn't, then I ask for the documents again and they send me an Excel shift with some data, plus the attached document. Look at the documents they send me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240510_031448_Alibabacom.jpg
    Screenshot_20240510_031448_Alibabacom.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20240510_031528_Alibabacom.jpg
    Screenshot_20240510_031528_Alibabacom.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I think counterfeit is a strong indictment for a cell that is probably a genuine Grade B EVE cell.if
If they don't send me the correct documents to prove this and just send me a document saying that the manufacturer is another company, but are selling them has a Genuine EVE, what does this mean? I want this to be real EVE Grade A, but without the documentation to prove it, is hard to believe.

I was supposed to get the documents that says this are EVE Battery, with the shipment, but didn't, then I ask for the documents again and they send me an Excel shift with some data, plus the attached document. Look at the documents they send me.
Well, this is either mixed up documentation or a very interesting development at least for me and my cells.

Paging @Alkaline can we get an ID check on our cells here - Tear drop terminals, blue film over the vent has a single small round hole breather in the center, QR code cutout is open 3 sided, connected to the vent cutout.

Well, this is either mixed up documentation or a very interesting development at least for me and my cells.

Paging @Alkaline can we get an ID check on our cells here - Tear drop terminals, blue film over the vent has a single small round hole breather in the center, QR code cutout is open 3 sided, connected to the vent cutout.
Thought that was the case, but when I tell her about the documentation and that this was from another company, all the lady keep repeating was that I want Grade A and this are Grade A and that if I have any problems with Docan, never mention the papers were send by mistake.

Well there's two issues at hand, is it EVE and is it Grade A.
On whether it's EVE I think it's EVE:
04QCB73716400JD880005827

Yours was made 8th of August, mine were made 20th of August (04QCB73714500JD8L0005994) I guess they sold a lot off onto the bare cell resellers that month.

Well there's two issues at hand, is it EVE and is it Grade A.
On whether it's EVE I think it's EVE:
04QCB73716400JD880005827

Yours was made 8th of August, mine were made 20th of August (04QCB73714500JD8L0005994) I guess they sold a lot off onto the bare cell resellers that month.
Ok, but if this are indeed EVE cell, why send the wrong documents and don't give an explanation or send the right documents?

Ok, but if this are indeed EVE cell, why send the wrong documents and don't give an explanation or send the right documents?
Because they bullshitted the MSDS documentation for the shipment and don't really care to try to convince you further than to give you your shipment details.

And back to the other point, are they grade A, I don't think anybody buying raw cells is getting EVE's #1 bin. There will always be something and we will never know. Maybe the case former was running a millimeter wide on one dimension in august and they auctioned off the whole bad lot.

The real best cells go to the best buyers that's for sure, the ones who are ordering by the quantity of containers per day.

I'm not trying to disregard your valid concern for getting what you paid for, I'm just explaining that it seems like you got cells that haven't been relasered and aren't bloated or leaking and that's about all any of us can hope for.

Sure, Ezeal gave me an "EVE Test Report" excel file, but what does that verify? There's zero assurance it wasn't just entirely falsified by a middleman.

Back