diy solar

diy solar

Batteries are being overcharged by All-in-one Inverter

KolinCancer

Im having a multiple issues w my inverter. ill start w the issue of my inverter overcharging my batteries. it will fully charge the batteries then get the voltage over 60 i believe disconnect and cycle like that until i kill the solar. this only happens w solar. if i use my generator itll just get them to 100% and then stop charging them. my batteries and inverter are bmsed. im not sure how to fix this. ive attempted to reach out to the manufacturer but they are awful w customer service.

Generator:
Generac Guardian 24kw

Inverter:
PowMr 10KW 110/240Vac 48Vdc Hybird Inverter Charger

3 LiFePo Batteries:
CloudEnergy 51.2V 150ah

10 Solar Panels:
4000w of 400w Qcells in series
Datasheet:

What voltage settings for charging are you using? Also what is the amperage settings for PV and AC in charging.

due to the batteries being bmsed i cant alter most of the settings. with solar and gen together amps is set at 200. solar is set at 120. the rest of the settings are 57.6v i believe for the float absorbtion etc. i havent found a particular solar charging setting besides for the amps. on my inverters page is the manual.

due to the batteries being bmsed i cant alter most of the settings. with solar and gen together amps is set at 200. solar is set at 120. the rest of the settings are 57.6v i believe for the float absorbtion etc. i havent found a particular solar charging setting besides for the amps. on my inverters page is the manual.

Nice screen name. 🙄

Lower your float to 55.2. See if that helps.

Ok ..

You need to either read the manual yourself, CAREFULLY, and change the charge voltage ( bulk/absorption to 56, float to 54) OR contact the manufacturer and ask how to change these settings.

The all-in-one is not overcharging your batteries because it wants to. It's being told to.

With closed loop communications (AIO to BMS).
You can't change the charging settings. You have given the control to the BMS's.
It is what it is.

but why will it overcharge w solar and not w the generator.
Your solar at 120a max ( if it is achieving it) may be pushing a cell too high and causing a trip of the BMS. When that happens you can see a high voltage spike at your inverter. This seems to happen more frequently with a brand new liFePO4 battery bank that might have unbalanced cells. A way to avoid that is to set a lower bulk voltage by switching your battery type to User over using a Battery type setting that relies on BMS communication.

Run with conservative settings like 56vDC for awhile and see if it helps you.

Your solar at 120a max ( if it is achieving it) may be pushing a cell too high and causing a trip of the BMS. When that happens you can see a high voltage spike at your inverter. This seems to happen more frequently with a brand new liFePO4 battery bank that might have unbalanced cells. A way to avoid that is to set a lower bulk voltage by switching your battery type to User over using a Battery type setting that relies on BMS communication.

Run with conservative settings like 56vDC for awhile and see if it helps you.
ill give it a try. what would you reccomend i set for each setting? would u say i should go w straight user or the l16 option and customize from there?

ill give it a try. what would you reccomend i set for each setting? would u say i should go w straight user or the l16 option and customize from there?
A fellow that knows a great deal more than me about LiFePO4 batteries would be the person to consult @Steve_S
Likely you can find his recommendations if you search as he has posted them many times.

Back