diy solar

diy solar

Batteries are being overcharged by All-in-one Inverter

You have not specifically said if you are using communications or not but I would advise not to and set your charge and float voltages to 55.4 and 54.4 respectively.
Yup disconnect the battery comms so you have control of all your settings again.

Yup disconnect the battery comms so you have control of all your settings again.
Unless you specifically know how to change your inverter settings back from Lithium COM to Lead-Acid, don't attempt this.
This will just turn off power to your loads if Grid is absent and the AIO will throw battery error.

Ok ..

You need to either read the manual yourself, CAREFULLY, and change the charge voltage ( bulk/absorption to 56, float to 54) OR contact the manufacturer and ask how to change these settings.

The all-in-one is not overcharging your batteries because it wants to. It's being told to.
Tried what u said. Still over charging without bms. Ive told it to not charge it to 59.9v (56.4v is what i told it to do to b exact) and it still does it. So maybe now u could offer some advice rather then read the manual or contact the manufacture because powmr is garbage. Ill include a video as well

That's an SRNE ASF 10KW.
Forget communications.
Setting 08 to USER.
Setting 32 to SLA.
Use voltages mentioned above from others for your bulk and float. Leave equalization disabled, don't touch it.

Or connect to your BMS and alter the overly aggressive charging parameters.

I have over 2 MWh through my ASF with 1 random fault that hasn't came back. Contact SRNE directly for support if you need it.

Im having a multiple issues w my inverter. ill start w the issue of my inverter overcharging my batteries. it will fully charge the batteries then get the voltage over 60 i believe disconnect and cycle like that until i kill the solar. this only happens w solar. if i use my generator itll just get them to 100% and then stop charging them. my batteries and inverter are bmsed. im not sure how to fix this. ive attempted to reach out to the manufacturer but they are awful w customer service.

Generator:
Generac Guardian 24kw

Inverter:
PowMr 10KW 110/240Vac 48Vdc Hybird Inverter Charger

3 LiFePo Batteries:
CloudEnergy 51.2V 150ah

10 Solar Panels:
4000w of 400w Qcells in series
Datasheet:

That's an SRNE ASF 10KW.
Forget communications.
Setting 08 to USER.
Setting 32 to SLA.
Use voltages mentioned above from others for your bulk and float. Leave equalization disabled, don't touch it.

Or connect to your BMS and alter the overly aggressive charging parameters.

I have over 2 MWh through my ASF with 1 random fault that hasn't came back. Contact SRNE directly for support if you need it.
Will try thank you

You are probably fine charging with the generator because the grid charging amperage is set lower than the solar charging amperage, your batteries are out of balance and cells are running causing the BMS to disconnect, regardless the BMS is programmed to charge to aggressively.

What should i set the bulk charging delay at? I have 3 150ah batteries if that matters.
I have mine set at 90 minutes. I'm also using automations in Solar Assistant to reduce charging current as my packs get full.
I'd strongly advise Solar Assistant if you don't have it already. I never even took the wifi dongle out of the box for factory communications back home to china through a crappy app or software.

You are probably fine charging with the generator because the grid charging amperage is set lower than the solar charging amperage, your batteries are out of balance and cells are running causing the BMS to disconnect, regardless the BMS is programmed to charge to aggressively.
My generator runs at 120 at around 120amps going in to my batteries. My solar run at 384v w maybe 50 at best going in

I have mine set at 90 minutes. I'm also using automations in Solar Assistant to reduce charging current as my packs get full.
I'd strongly advise Solar Assistant if you don't have it already. I never even took the wifi dongle out of the box for factory communications back home to china through a crappy app or software.
What does solar assistant do exactly. Aleo what would u set the batter full recharge voltage point to

My generator runs at 120 at around 120amps going in to my batteries. My solar run at 384v w maybe 50 at best going in
Hmm. There goes my idea lol.
What does solar assistant do exactly.
Let's you monitor your system in near real time, charts data, allows you to change basic parameters.

Aleo what would u set the batter full recharge voltage point to
Somewhere around 53.5V.
This is when charging will kick back in after they have already reached full.

All my settings are here. They've been tweaked a bit since but will still work fine.
Post in thread '2 Mwh SRNE ASF48100U200-H 10kw.' https://diysolarforum.com/threads/2-mwh-srne-asf48100u200-h-10kw.67809/post-905676

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240207-183533.jpg
    Screenshot_20240207-183533.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240207-121423.jpg
    Screenshot_20240207-121423.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240207-183330.jpg
    Screenshot_20240207-183330.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 2
Are you using closed loop (BMS to Inverter communications)?
Looking at your video (you don't pause long enough on some settings) it appears you selected "CAN" for the "RS485 Communications" (menu item #32) and "UZE" (menu item #33) for the "BMS Communications".

Just looking at the information your provided in the various product manuals (excellent, always helps) it does appear (although I don't know for sure) that your batteries are very much like SOK and SunGoldPower rack mounted batteries.

The SOK and SGP batteries use the "Pylontech" protocol when communicating with the inverter.

I assume you have the Inverter connected to the "RS485-ICAN port (left jack, not the right of the jack pair) and all the batteries are daisy chained on the RS485-2 ports (either jack to either jack).

If the above is true, try selecting "485" for menu item #32 and "PYL" for menu item #33.

When you select "L16" for menu item #8 the firmware simply applies default settings for battery charging.
If BMS communications exist the BMS will override #9 and #11 (and some others). If BMS communications fails (i.e. the cable is disconnected) the firmware will revert to the default #9 and #11

I am not familiar with your batteries so I do not know for certain what I have just described will work for you. It won't hurt to give it a try. By selecting "485" and "PYL" the worst that can happen is you get a BMS Communications fault, just go back to your original settings.

Back