diy solar

diy solar

Be aware....Just tried to order $2000 worth of batteries from <vendor> and they rejected my C Card. That produced a Fraud alert and cancelled card.

Evidence came out with OP's testimony.

Anyone who reads the thread will see how he shot himself in the foot. And learn how not to do that themselves.

(You be careful with your extra curricular activities, you hear Will? We don't want you to do that literally.)

I guess thread title could substitute <vendor> for their name, to avoid smearing them but still share mechanics of the mistake.
Smart idea

Does the ecoworthy direct site have the 20% off they are offering on their batteries on eBay? Use PayPal, save 20%, profit.
It's weird, I see some vendors have cheaper stuff on amazon too yet amazon takes I think a 30% cut of the profits?

Yep I'm sure. It's just sad you can't price match their own item or something to avoid amazon
I agree, I'd much rather give them money directly.

Although I like the purchasing protection with buying something direct from Amazon.
As much as I hate the company, they have their pros.🙃

I previously had an order of 1800€, but the payment kept failing. Tewaycell official customer service replied that my card issuer rejected the transaction because the amount was too high😣Customer service suggested me to change card or use PayPal to pay.

I recently attempted a $2000+ purchase from a reputable and well-known-in-this-forum Chinese vendor and was unable to make the payment. The online money transfer service for international transfers had been halted by the bank as of January last year, the bank claimed the SWIFT code for the company did not exist, Alibaba's support, as communicated by the vendor, confirmed that the bank did not wish to make the transfer and therefore gave this error message (i.e., the SWIFT code was actually valid), and my credit card required verification via a code sent by SMS to a phone number which I have not had in over a decade. Unfortunately, I have no phone capable of receiving an SMS at present, so that is where my purchase plan died. Useless credit card. I now know that I cannot purchase anything from Alibaba. Or China.

Now, I do not know if my credit card has been canceled simply because I was unable to complete the verification check, but I doubt that it was.

And there it is...

This was your mistake. You should have said, "yes, I attempted to make that purchase." It didn't go through because your bank flagged it when the charge attempt was made.
You make a purchase when you give the vendor your CC and they accept it! If they reject it the payment you have not made a purchase. Eco worthy rejected my payment by saying it was fraudulent. My CC company asked if I made the purchase. Prose thinks I'm not being fair.... What bs!

You make a purchase when you give the vendor your CC and they accept it! If they reject it the payment you have not made a purchase. Eco worthy rejected my payment by saying it was fraudulent. My CC company asked if I made the purchase. Prose thinks I'm not being fair.... What bs!
The issue is you told your cc company that you didn't make the purchase. So of course they will think your card details have been compromised.

Eco worthy rejected my payment by saying it was fraudulent. My CC company asked if I made the purchase. Prose thinks I'm not being fair.... What bs!

A vendor has no means to reject a payment, they never even see it till its posted and this is all done by third party's, the rejection comes from the credit card issuer. As been posted many times, it is almost standard practice now for large purchases to intentional be reject so two factor authentication can get a direct contact with the buyer to validate, then is told submit the again and it will be approved.

You still don't understand. YOU did this to yourself because you don't understand how this works. Maybe this is your first experience?

You make a purchase when you give the vendor your CC and they accept it! If they reject it the payment you have not made a purchase.

You ATTEMPTED to make a purchase, i.e., the charge was legitimate.

Eco worthy rejected my payment by saying it was fraudulent.

Ecoworthy put in your card number and your BANK declined it as fraudulent, so it was rejected real-time.

My CC company asked if I made the purchase.

You are splitting hairs. YOU initiated the purchase. It was a valid purchase attempt. It was not fraudulent. YOU attempted to make the purchase in question. By saying "NO," the bank concluded the attempt to make a purchase at Ecoworth was NOT by you and was thus fraudulent.

Had you said, "I attempted to make the purchase, but it was declined," then the bank would have concluded the purchase was valid, and your next attempt would have succeeded.

Prose thinks I'm not being fair.... What bs!

He is 1000% right. You are 1000% wrong.

I do want to mention for the op….or anyone else really.
If you try to transfer money to me, I will not flag it as fraud. I am happy to oblige
Same here.

If anyone has any extra money kicking around and you need it gone then feel free to use me as your own personal bank.

But sending money overseas? that will get FINCEN on your @$$.
Remember, that is what nailed "Client Number 9". And we learned he is a hypocrite.
(FINCEN won't tell me what they have on me, just that they do. Which leaves me feeling a little paranoid.)

You still don't understand. YOU did this to yourself because you don't understand how this works. Maybe this is your first experience?

You ATTEMPTED to make a purchase, i.e., the charge was legitimate.

Ecoworthy put in your card number and your BANK declined it as fraudulent, so it was rejected real-time.

You are splitting hairs. YOU initiated the purchase. It was a valid purchase attempt. It was not fraudulent. YOU attempted to make the purchase in question. By saying "NO," the bank concluded the attempt to make a purchase at Ecoworth was NOT by you and was thus fraudulent.

Had you said, "I attempted to make the purchase, but it was declined," then the bank would have concluded the purchase was valid, and your next attempt would have succeeded.

He is 1000% right. You are 1000% wrong.
Look... Eco now had my CC number or someone claiming to be Eco. They declined the purchase. Do you expect me to tell Chase I made this purchase?
Wanna buy a bridge!

Back