diy solar

diy solar

Be aware....Just tried to order $2000 worth of batteries from <vendor> and they rejected my C Card. That produced a Fraud alert and cancelled card.

A vendor has no means to reject a payment, they never even see it till its posted and this is all done by third party's, the rejection comes from the credit card issuer. As been posted many times, it is almost standard practice now for large purchases to intentional be reject so two factor authentication can get a direct contact with the buyer to validate, then is told submit the again and it will be approved.
Well if the vendor has no means to reject a payment the someone acting or working for the vendor rejected the CC since I had not dealt with anyone else up to that point!

Well if the vendor has no means to reject a payment the someone acting or working for the vendor rejected the CC since I had not dealt with anyone else up to that point!
Merchant tried to charge card. It was declined. Bank called you asking if you had made a purchase. If you had said yes, but it was declined, they would have authorized it and asked you to reattempt the transaction (to a successful approval).

Instead you said no, you didn't make the purchase. And here we are.

You make a purchase when you give the vendor your CC and they accept it! If they reject it the payment you have not made a purchase. Eco worthy rejected my payment by saying it was fraudulent. My CC company asked if I made the purchase. Prose thinks I'm not being fair.... What bs!
A vendor has no means to reject a payment, they never even see it till its posted and this is all done by third party's, the rejection comes from the credit card issuer. As been posted many times, it is almost standard practice now for large purchases to intentional be reject so two factor authentication can get a direct contact with the buyer to validate, then is told submit the again and it will be approved.
prove it.. From what you've said, your CC rejected it and eco worthy told you why

I recently attempted a $2000+ purchase from a reputable and well-known-in-this-forum Chinese vendor and was unable to make the payment. The online money transfer service for international transfers had been halted by the bank as of January last year, the bank claimed the SWIFT code for the company did not exist, Alibaba's support, as communicated by the vendor, confirmed that the bank did not wish to make the transfer and therefore gave this error message (i.e., the SWIFT code was actually valid), and my credit card required verification via a code sent by SMS to a phone number which I have not had in over a decade. Unfortunately, I have no phone capable of receiving an SMS at present, so that is where my purchase plan died. Useless credit card. I now know that I cannot purchase anything from Alibaba. Or China.

Now, I do not know if my credit card has been canceled simply because I was unable to complete the verification check, but I doubt that it was.
Hello, did you call the bank to verify? Has the credit card been cancelled?

Look... Eco now had my CC number or someone claiming to be Eco. They declined the purchase. Do you expect me to tell Chase I made this purchase?
Wanna buy a bridge!
Did you enter your credit card info to eco?
That is what your bank was asking...
The purchase was cancelled that wasnt what they were asking... they were asking if YOU initiated the cancelled purchase.

Learn from this encounter.

Stop thinking you are right.

Try learning what has happened, so you will not make the mistake in the future.

Did you enter your credit card info to eco?
That is what your bank was asking...
The purchase was cancelled that wasnt what they were asking... they were asking if YOU initiated the cancelled purchase.

Learn from this encounter.

Stop thinking you are right.

Try learning what has happened, so you will not make the mistake in the future.
Look... They have my CC number, exp date and code. Are you that naive?

Look... They have my CC number, exp date and code. Are you that naive?
Oh my... you STILL dont understand what happened...
Im sorry.

Here, let me try this...
I will open a sale on my website, i will charge your card 10,000.00 and you can enter your card info there. your card will deny it. Declining the sale.

Then your card company will call you and ask if YOU initiated the transaction.

If you tell them no, they will cancel your card.

If you tell them yes, they will allow you to go BACK to my website and redo the sale, and it will go through.

I really dont see why you arent comprehending the problem. It is how credit card companies protect their customers...

Oh my... you STILL dont understand what happened...
Im sorry.

Here, let me try this...
I will open a sale on my website, i will charge your card 10,000.00 and you can enter your card info there. your card will deny it. Declining the sale.

Then your card company will call you and ask if YOU initiated the transaction.

If you tell them no, they will cancel your card.

If you tell them yes, they will allow you to go BACK to my website and redo the sale, and it will go through.

I really dont see why you arent comprehending the problem. It is how credit card companies protect their customers...
It's the terminology.
You said "if you initiated the transaction."
He heard "Did you make the transaction."
He can't get past the fact that what they meant was what you said. He still thinks they were asking if the transaction happened. In his mind it didn't.

Reminds me of when I was a young driver maybe 40 years ago. Driving to a ski resort, got pulled over by a cop radaring in the median in plain sight on the expressway.
Cop asked me, did you see me back there? My literal brain said yes, because I did see him as I went by.
Later I realized he was asking me if I blatantly sped by him knowing he was there. My answer should have been " Yes, right before I realized how fast I was going."

So, OP is tripped up on the phrasing. Either too stubborn to admit it, or still not getting it.

Back