diy solar

diy solar

Best price I’ve ever seen on Victron 10kw

G00SE

There’s two O’s in G00SE
Getting ready for Quattro 2s for the big boy models?

Someone had posted a link where the 240V 5k multiplus 2 was available in Europe for like 700 euros.

They are actually selling it for less than the 5000va model.

What's the catch?

48/10000 120v Quattros at AltE for $2,336. That’s 1300 off retail. (Free pick up in MA, no success yet in finding a valid coupon code)
20kw split phase Victron wall would really upset the anti blue crowd. Who’s gonna be the new eurotrash fanboi group leader? I want it to be me, but I should probably finish what I’m working on first 🤣
View attachment 195851
$418 each for shipping to my commercial address in Timbuktu.

So would need charge controllers and probably a GX or Venus? Anything else?

$418 each for shipping to my commercial address in Timbuktu.

Probably just a cerbo. You’ve already got the eg4 controllers. @sunshine_eggo can you elaborate?

20kW output capacity for $4,672 plus ship...Victron super low standby current...
They do list that in the spec sheet which would be 120W for both. Still not understanding how they are selling it for that price still? Has anyone purchased and/or called them about it? It's cheaper then the 5kVA version.

Oh and don't forget, just one of those suckers weighs 128lbs!

The MK3-USB interface in order to do any firmware updates or other configuration changes specific to the Quattro using a PC and Victron configuration software app.

Probably just a cerbo. You’ve already got the eg4 controllers. @sunshine_eggo can you elaborate?

I guess I missed something?

The MK3-USB interface in order to do any firmware updates or other configuration changes specific to the Quattro using a PC and Victron configuration software app.

FW updates can also be done directly via VRM on all GX connected components. MK3-USB not necessary. If you have VRM, the only thing you NEED MK3-USB for is initial parallel configuration or changing parallel configuration. You can change everything else, including assistants, via VRM/VEConfig.

This is a separate system with higher surge loads.

I possibly would go with the EG4 charge controllers but it would take quite a few to do it. I would need at least 4 to do it unless I went with Victron and parallel strings with higher amps.

I guess I missed something?

He was thinking I was adding a pair of Quattros to my current system.

FW updates can also be done directly via VRM on all GX connected components. MK3-USB not necessary. If you have VRM, the only thing you NEED MK3-USB for is initial parallel configuration or changing parallel configuration. You can change everything else, including assistants, via VRM/VEConfig.
This application would be units in parallel.

Shop install, lifting 128 lbs would be quite easily done. I could always use the forklift if it weighed 6000 lbs. :ROFLMAO:

Thank you, good information, will look into it.

20kW output capacity for $4,672 plus ship...Victron super low standby current...
The 20Kw output and 40Kw surge is what interests me with 2 parallel units. Combined pass thru current would be 200A total, 100A per leg.

The surge capacity is what I need most. Continuous output actually isn't too high unless air conditioning is running but I am moving to at least 4 tons on mini split heat pumps but will leave the older air handler in place that is 2 tons in case I need some extra cooling capacity. I have another 2 ton unit but retiring it this year.

Back