diy solar

diy solar

Best price I’ve ever seen on Victron 10kw

Yes. Quattros can be AC coupled. There is a PV Inverter assistant that allows you to set the frequency shift points to control the GT inverter.
I was looking on Victron's site, good information there. Looks to be a very good fit for AC coupling.

I was looking on Victron's site, good information there. Looks to be a very good fit for AC coupling.

Temping as I'm about to get two of those but I have less faith in Alte support vs Current Connected.. And then there is Trophy where I can get them with no sales tax.... Then there is also the what if new model coming soon, should wait and see? Ugh

After researching some I've decided most likely against AC coupling as this will be zero export without any interconnection agreement. I would just go DC coupled with multiple SCC's if I did go with Victron. Still, the AC coupling would be a good fit as loads would be during the day and having the 2 Quattro's AC coupled would work fairly well with surge. It still might work well as battery bank to PV ratio is about 7 to 1 and would most likely only hit full SOC late in a day. Battery bank will be 56Kwh and PV will be around 8Kw. I do have another array I might divert to shop.

I might consider a hybrid system with some DC and some AC coupling but not sure how well that might work.

After researching some I've decided most likely against AC coupling as this will be zero export without any interconnection agreement. I would just go DC coupled with multiple SCC's if I did go with Victron. Still, the AC coupling would be a good fit as loads would be during the day and having the 2 Quattro's AC coupled would work fairly well with surge. It still might work well as battery bank to PV ratio is about 7 to 1 and would most likely only hit full SOC late in a day. Battery bank will be 56Kwh and PV will be around 8Kw. I do have another array I might divert to shop.

I might consider a hybrid system with some DC and some AC coupling but not sure how well that might work.

I already have the 10kW worth of Quattros. If I find I need more power, I'm stuck with another pair of Quattros out of the wallet. For < $1500, I could get 8kW GTI for around $1300, and I already have the panels. I think it makes sense for me.

I already have the 10kW worth of Quattros. If I find I need more power, I'm stuck with another pair of Quattros out of the wallet. For < $1500, I could get 8kW GTI for around $1300, and I already have the panels. I think it makes sense for me.
I'm not familiar with the 8Kw GTI. I live in Timbuktu under a rock.

That surge capability with the pair of 10Kw Quattro's is tempting...........

Last edited:
Temping as I'm about to get two of those but I have less faith in Alte support vs Current Connected.. And then there is Trophy where I can get them with no sales tax.... Then there is also the what if new model coming soon, should wait and see? Ugh
Even if there was new model I don't see anything that would make this model of less value. A lot of the "tier 1" big beefy inverters from 10+ years ago still work well. Biggest thing that might change is reduction in zero load power. There is already precedence for this with the Mulitplus II's that have 3kVA and 5kVA 120V versions. There is 230V 10kVA and 15kVA Multiplus II versions for other markets so am guessing they will eventually have that for North America.

My biggest question still is how are they able to offer this price when I thought Victron had a minimum price all distributors had to follow. And if that price is lowered why aren't the other distributors selling it at lower price? Guess I'm wondering why isn't Current Connected matching that price?

Even if there was new model I don't see anything that would make this model of less value. A lot of the "tier 1" big beefy inverters from 10+ years ago still work well. Biggest thing that might change is reduction in zero load power. There is already precedence for this with the Mulitplus II's that have 3kVA and 5kVA 120V versions. There is 230V 10kVA and 15kVA Multiplus II versions for other markets so am guessing they will eventually have that for North America.
I think we'll see larger size Quattro 2s after the 12 and 24V 2x120 models were recently released, looks like main thing is reduced idle load like the multi-multi 2 improvement, and maybe some additional country grid interactive approvals. They also don't have crazy price premium versus the multiplus 2s so perhaps another general lowering of the bigger quattros is in the cards.

I called them to verify what the price actually is and she said they were rebooting their system so couldn't verify the price. I have to call back in 15 min. She thought it was interesting though that she was just reading an email asking the exact same thing :p

I called them to verify what the price actually is and she said they were rebooting their system so couldn't verify the price. I have to call back in 15 min. She thought it was interesting though that she was just reading an email asking the exact same thing :p
I was hoping to order a couple for pickup but didn't want to risk driving all the way to MA to find it was a price error and sale cancelled.

I should quick put in an order........... :ROFLMAO:

If you get an answer post it here.. I keep getting voice mail for the person that I got ahold of earlier in the morning that said I would have to call back.

Y’all do it so wrong.
I posted the link so you could facilitate purchase. Then if they made a mistake, they have to either own the listed price or make it right 🤣

They called me back and said they only have one at that price and have no idea why it was marked down so low. It doesn't look damaged or anything. I asked what if someone ordered two and they said they'd only be able to honor the price of the one.

They called me back and said they only have one at that price and have no idea why it was marked down so low. It doesn't look damaged or anything. I asked what if someone ordered two and they said they'd only be able to honor the price of the one.
This smells funny.

Reactions: Zwy
Back