diy solar

diy solar

Big Lugs, Little Wires

bigroadadventure

Anyone have a source for lugs that have large diameters but are for smaller wires? I would like to use lugs for my BMS but I can't seem to find any for the 14mm bolts on my 300AH Sinopoly cells. The best I could find was 1/2 inch lugs with 8AWG wire.

thanks!

Search for "5/8 ring terminal" for more choices.

I bought these a while back for similar situations. I'm a crimp and solder type of guy so I don't get the insulated style.

Edit: sorry that is the wrong link and too small for you. I can't find the correct one but they look similar to them.

I tried the crimp supply ones but they sent me 3/8" instead of 5/8". Hopefully they actually have the 5/8. These are hard to come by! Thanks everyone.

Anyone have a source for lugs that have large diameters but are for smaller wires? I would like to use lugs for my BMS but I can't seem to find any for the 14mm bolts on my 300AH Sinopoly cells. The best I could find was 1/2 inch lugs with 8AWG wire.

In a case like this I remove twice as much insulation as necessary and then double the wire back on itself to fill the lug better.

Then crimp or solder as usual. YMMV.

Search for "5/8 ring terminal" for more choices.

14mm is 9/16"... Just saying.....

Thanks guys! Just to close this thread, Crimp Supply finally came through with the right item and I'm good to go.

Back