diy solar

diy solar

Boeing maintenance.

LOL. I found myself on a United flight to Houston for work last week. I was relieved when there was no door plug next to my seat.

I was on a 717 yesterday seated with my face 18 inches away from the engine fan, cowling all loose with the paint cracking.

I just repeated my mantra "Delta Techops is the best maintenance facility in the world, other countries send their planes here to get worked on, Delta Techops is the best maintenance facility in the world".

Back in the early 80's I flew to Venezuela several times for work. Pan Am had their oldest B-747-100 aircraft on the run from Miami to Caracas. That flight was informally known as The Pamper Express because the cargo hold was always packed with Pampers on the southbound leg.
It was so dirty that I felt like I should have been wearing a hazmat suit but that old bird got the job done.
I really miss the old B-747. Missing rivets, end-drilled cracks and all.
Every now and then I see a Kalitta Air Freight seven-four-seven over west Michigan. Gosh, what a great old airplane.

I was on a 717 yesterday seated with my face 18 inches away from the engine fan, cowling all loose with the paint cracking.

I just repeated my mantra "Delta Techops is the best maintenance facility in the world, other countries send their planes here to get worked on, Delta Techops is the best maintenance facility in the world".
That's pretty freaky when you sit next to the window and realize that if you could open it, you could easily reach out and touch the cowling.

On an old MD80 or something, I suffered some significant hearing loss in one ear after we sat on the taxiway for 20 minutes, the engine next to me shrieking. There was apparently no APU to keep things running. My hearing gradually returned to normal, and I had enough sense to bring ear protection after that.

I only flew on a 747 one time, and it was amazing. More like floating than flying. It was ginormous!

Back