diy solar

diy solar

Buying 2 new batteries

It was sourced from within Australia, not sure of the price or brand.

Wait a minute the Lithium 80 amp is $274.00 ? I admit I know little on batteries but what's the catch when Battle Born, Lion and others are 700.00 to $1000.00 ?
You left off the $75 shipping, but as Rider said, the catch is you don't have a datasheet or know much about the company. So, it's a bit of a gamble... but it's Amazon. So, you can get it and if it's not what they say return it. The seller knows that, so chances are good it'll test out for you. But will the company be around to honor the warranty? Will you really get 6000 cycles out of it? That's why it's a gamble. If it makes you feel any better, if you were to buy new Liitokala cells and assemble your own it would still be cheaper than that battery (about $220 kWh) - so the seller is making some money off it - so it might be legit.

I wonder if the batteries guys could give you some tips to hedge your bet. For example if the cells were recycled the internal resistance should be higher. With a few tips you could probably get them and test to know if you can get 6k cycles or not before the return window closed.

I am not towing around. Someone said they would buy AGM at least in this case? You agree since weight is not a factor? Just thought Lithium was always better

Anything sealed where you don't have to be checking fluid levels and worrying about off gassing.

I wonder if the batteries guys could give you some tips to hedge your bet. For example if the cells were recycled the internal resistance should be higher. With a few tips you could probably get them and test to know if you can get 6k cycles or not before the return window closed.
Hey SVETZ I just found this. What do you think?
Valence u-charge RT Series U1-12RT Lithium Iron Magnesium Phosphate Battery
I did not see the ah rating on the battery. I understand these are used in Medical Equipment. Can you tell from the model number if these are 12v 100 amp batteries?

Is this a good deal on a Valence Battery 349.00 plus 25.00 shipping

Do a search in the forums, pretty sure there are threads on that battery.

I bought 2-Renology 12v 200ah AGMs through Amazon (free shipping). They arrived at my work today as I wanted someone present when they arrived. Regarding the point made above on weight these things are heavy, 130 lbs each! With packing closer to 140 lbs. I'll need to drive back here tomorrow with a dolly and my truck ramp to move them. They are for home use so it is not a big issue but 260 lbs is certainly going to be an issue for some RV or boat users. They claim 1100 cycles, as a backup power system that works for me even if its over stated by 30%.

Back