diy solar

diy solar

Can you charge from your genset through both inverter and chargeverter simultaneously?

Stotts47

I have an EG4 18kvp, it's has a 90amp generator throughput for charging. Can I hook my 14kw kohler generator (can run continuously at 14kw) to both the 18kvp generator hook-up and a chargeverter simultaneously, getting 190amps of charge to the batteries? I have 6 EG4 Lifepower4 in a rack and one powerpro battery, I would hook the chargevert directly to Lifepower4 rack. Trying to cut down my charge time. I also noticed SS seems to have stopped selling chargeverters, are they bring them back? They are not listed as sold out, they are just gone. I was hoping to grab one more to hook to the power pro. Any considerations/issues here?

It'll be interesting to hear about availability. Some sites are suggesting they'll ship in late Feb or early March although I'd prefer to hear something more definitive from SS.

SS has shipped out all their CV's on back order (I received mine late Feb). I will be hooking my CV directly to my battery since it's only purpose is to recharge the batteries and I don't want the inverter to use it to power the house AND charge the battery.

Back