diy solar

diy solar

Combining 2 48v battery banks with 1 inverter

Docasek

I am looking to run an EG4 6000xp with 3 or 4 server rack batteries in my bus. I also have 4 battleborn gc3 batteries that I would like to incorporate into this system.

Is there any reason that I can’t have both of these battery banks connected to a busbar, and that busbar feed the inverter? Both banks will be 48v with the same battery chemistry. Is some sort of balancer necessary? The BB will be 270ah and the server rack bank will be 300 or 400ah, if that matters.

TIA

I am looking to run an EG4 6000xp with 3 or 4 server rack batteries in my bus. I also have 4 battleborn gc3 batteries that I would like to incorporate into this system.

Is there any reason that I can’t have both of these battery banks connected to a busbar, and that busbar feed the inverter? Both banks will be 48v with the same battery chemistry. Is some sort of balancer necessary? The BB will be 270ah and the server rack bank will be 300 or 400ah, if that matters.

TIA
There is no issue with paralleling the two banks. (With proper wiring and protection in place)
The only issue will be the BB series connected batteries. A balancer will be needed for them.

Back