10 EG4 Lifepower4 batteries
36 SolarEver 455w panel (9s4p)
Generator backukp

and

4 EG4 6500ex
6 EG4 Lifepower4 batteries
32 SolarEver 455w panel (8s4p)
Grid backup

On the second system (grid backup) I was getting error 61 when I read that setting-5 to "USE" instead of "EG4" would allow me to operate switching to grid-backup via voltage settings instead of SOC. So, I am trying that.

Beginner questions:
1. The default value for setting-12 is 46 volts and a few people mention it should be 48 volts. But, my batteries are blinking red and 1 green light at 52v. Is that typical? Does it matter that they appear under 20% when being reported at 50%-60% and have the voltage at 52v?
2. @WillProwse mentioned in this thread that he goes down 0% and up to 100%. That is what it seems I'd like to do, but how do you get the inverter to do that via voltage limits? What happens at 0% SOC (I assume very low voltage...lower than 46v?). Do the inverters just shut down or will they gracefully jump to the grid?

On the second system (grid backup) I was getting error 61 when I read that setting-5 to "USE" instead of "EG4" would allow me to operate switching to grid-backup via voltage settings instead of SOC. So, I am trying that.
Usually there’s been 2 fixes for this.
1 - the comms cables backwards. It is direction specific so try switching the cable around between the battery and the inverter.
2 - I believe there’s was also a firmware update to address this.

1. The default value for setting-12 is 46 volts and a few people mention it should be 48 volts. But, my batteries are blinking red and 1 green light at 52v. Is that typical? Does it matter that they appear under 20% when being reported at 50%-60% and have the voltage at 52v?
When you see the red light blinking along with the green SOC light, I believe that’s a warning that your battery is low. The green lights only represent an SOC range. I wana say if you see the red light and 1 green light that your battery is under 20%.
2. @WillProwse mentioned in this thread that he goes down 0% and up to 100%. That is what it seems I'd like to do, but how do you get the inverter to do that via voltage limits? What happens at 0% SOC (I assume very low voltage...lower than 46v?). Do the inverters just shut down or will they gracefully jump to the grid?
I wana say if the battery disconnects it should switch to grid automatically, but I can’t remember how it reacts. If that’s how you want it to act, just leave it at the default. I’ve heard a lot of Lifepower batteries have imbalanced cells, so don’t be surprised if your batteries disconnect before you get to 46v.

Back