diy solar

diy solar

Does Anyone Have a Compact Printer?

Santa

I am looking for a compact "All-in-one" printer, copier, faxer and scanner. Does anyone know of any? (I need small dimensions - going to travel with it.)

I’m not a fan of all in one for this stuff...
Best to focus on one or the other for portable.

they do make them though. A quick google search turned up many reviews and examples.

For electrical efficiency choose an ink jet printer. I'm a Epson fan for their photo capability. We've had great luck with ours, way better luck than with HP.

I’m not a fan of all in one for this stuff...
Best to focus on one or the other for portable.

they do make them though. A quick google search turned up many reviews and examples.
I've used all in ones for many years and they never broke. Just toner is too darn expensive. I just paid about $90 to fill all the colors. Ridiculous. I can buy a new printer like it on sale for $64!

For electrical efficiency choose an ink jet printer. I'm a Epson fan for their photo capability. We've had great luck with ours, way better luck than with HP.
I've used Brother and have had good luck too. I don't know which mine uses ink jet or, toner??, but it was EXPENSIVE to fill them.

I've had no problems with this one. $30 shipped, with normal sized ink cartridges. Also the wireless printing works great. No cords except power.

Screenshot_20191128-044920_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I am looking for a compact "All-in-one" printer, copier, faxer and scanner. Does anyone know of any? (I need small dimensions - going to travel with it.)
I have an all in one Epson Workforce WP 2650. My only major problem with this low cost, compact home office miracle is that IT IS AN ABSOLUTE INKAHOLIC, A SHAMELESS LUSH FOR THE DARK FLUID, A PIG FOR THR PIGMENT and Epson kindly PUTS THE SCREWS TO YOU AT THE CASH REGISTER WHEN IT'S TIME TO BUY MORE INK, (AND IT IS ALWAYS TIME TO BUY MORE INK EVEN AND ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVENT USED THE PRINTER FOR A MONTH OR TWO). Other than that, I love it.

Can you explain how an ink printer would use less electricity than a laserjet, as well as how that cost per page changes when you factor in the cost of ink vs toner? How you like buying that ink every month that costs just slightly less than a new printer? I bought an HP Laserjt P1006 and it is very economical for toner usage. And the toner is cheap on Amazon. Ink is just too expensive. I have found lasers a far better value. But the disclaimer is that I have ZERO need or desire to ever print in color.

I asked someone why they have an ink printer. She said "We print a lot of family photos." My reply was "We live in a city of 200,000. There is a Walgreens or a CVS on every corner. Prints are like 12 cents on their kiosk. Everything you print in color at home is costing you over 50 cents because you are also paying for print stock That Kodak photo paper is not cheap." She now goes to CVS and uses the kiosk.

But for utility printing, do you really need color? I also don't know what you print. I print the NY Times crossword puzzle every day and pages from a manual from time to time when I have to take them to a gig for a keyboard tweak I don't do often enough to remember or outside to work on something. My last toner cartridge lasted me 14 months. I bought a pack of 2 for 28 bucks on Amazon. That 28 bucks will last me over 2 years.

Can you explain how an ink printer would use less electricity than a laserjet, as well as how that cost per page changes when you factor in the cost of ink vs toner? How you like buying that ink every month that costs just slightly less than a new printer? I bought an HP Laserjt P1006 and it is very economical for toner usage. And the toner is cheap on Amazon. Ink is just too expensive. I have found lasers a far better value. But the disclaimer is that I have ZERO need or desire to ever print in color.

I asked someone why they have an ink printer. She said "We print a lot of family photos." My reply was "We live in a city of 200,000. There is a Walgreens or a CVS on every corner. Prints are like 12 cents on their kiosk. Everything you print in color at home is costing you over 50 cents because you are also paying for print stock That Kodak photo paper is not cheap." She now goes to CVS and uses the kiosk.

But for utility printing, do you really need color? I also don't know what you print. I print the NY Times crossword puzzle every day and pages from a manual from time to time when I have to take them to a gig for a keyboard tweak I don't do often enough to remember or outside to work on something. My last toner cartridge lasted me 14 months. I bought a pack of 2 for 28 bucks on Amazon. That 28 bucks will last me over 2 years.

My ink will be MORE than my printer when I need it. It is VERY helpful to have color when printing wiring diagrams.

I've had no problems with this one. $30 shipped, with normal sized ink cartridges. Also the wireless printing works great. No cords except power.

View attachment 2620
Wow! Looks like a great deaL. I didn't see a fax function though. I guess faxing is obsolete, but I still use it! (I could just scan and email though.) Thanks a bunch!

Wow! Looks like a great deaL. I didn't see a fax function though. I guess faxing is obsolete, but I still use it! (I could just scan and email though.) Thanks a bunch!

There are lots of fax apps you can use on your smartphone.

Back