diy solar

diy solar

Ecoflow Delta 2 + 24v 105AH battery

Skid

Solar Enthusiast
Last month I ordered a custom build 24V 105AH battery from Amy Wan for a new cabin, but looking at inverter choices nothing looked quite right. $300 all-in-ones seem like people are buying two, one for a backup doesn't inspire confidence and 50w consumption, WZRELB etc inverters seem better though plug and play has a nice feel to it. Then last night I saw the Delta 2 refurb for $500 with the code and went for it.

Using the XT60i cable and a 24 to 36v DC to DC converter I think I can push 500w into the D2 while charging the 24v battery during the day. I trust the extra 1kw of the D2 will allow me to use induction cooking and enough headroom for a small off grid cabin and enough capacity the self consumption won't be an issue. Considering a 30a Epever charge controller for the battery and 1000w or so of panels, and tropical location with no shade and keeping the entire project to around $1500 or so.

Am I on the correct path with this?

The Delta 2 is a powerful little beast. I would eliminate the DC 24-36v Buck and just run 24v into the solar input. A fully charged 24V battery will still push 420w (28v full charge x 15a = 420w)
As you hit your Delta with a huge load, it will quickly discharge its own battery while still being fed 360-420w. Once you finish, the 24v battery will top off the delta and later recharge itself with your solar.
I think you are spot on with your plan.

Back