diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18kPv and Generac Pwrcell Solar Inverter Compatibility

nateb

I am curious how well the EG4 18kPV would work to use as a battery bank inverter / automatic transfer switch and AC couple with my Generac PwrCell Solar system. I currently do not have any battery storage and I do export to the grid when power is not being used locally. My system outputs 22Kw each hour at peak with it's 3 Generac XVT076A03 solar inverters (mid April it outputs 185Kwh on a good day).

• Anyone use Generac Solar Inverters and AC Couple a 18kPV and what has been your experience?
  • If so, any limitations?
  • Can I still export to grid in this type of setup?

Generac XVT076A03 is UL 1741 SA, so should be fine as AC PV Input into the Gen Input. Note: Max input into the Gen Port is 21.6kW. Electricity will export.

Might want to remove a few panels to stay under the 22kW limit if going through the Gen Port. Wire those panels into the DC PV Input of the 18k PV. Actually, wire as many as you can into the DC PV Input of the 18kPV.

Generac XVT076A03 is UL 1741 SA, so should be fine as AC PV Input into the Gen Input. Note: Max input into the Gen Port is 21.6kW. Electricity will export.

Might want to remove a few panels to stay under the 22kW limit if going through the Gen Port. Wire those panels into the DC PV Input of the 18k PV. Actually, wire as many as you can into the DC PV Input of the 18kPV.
That is super helpful thank you! In regards to moving some panels to the 18kPV. I assume the moved panels would need to have the SnapRS and optimizers removed for use with the 18kPV? If so any recommendation for safety devices on those panels?

Back