diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18KPV rapid shutdown switch

smmarczak

Awesome Friday folks. This is likely a silly question- but I'm new to this. The eg4 has a rapid disconnect switch on the side. The manual shows, I think, a remote rapid disconnect for outside by the panel. Is this a special rapid disconnect - or any model will work?

This information from EG4 on how to connect an external rapid shutdown switch

Attachments

• Temporary Solution of External Connected RSD Switch For 12KW Hybrid Inverter.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
does the remote RSD need to be momentary or fixed contact?

The switch should not be momentary.
The switch should be normally closed.

Note: There is some debate as to whether the red 'mushroom' buttons meet code. The code says it must be clear if the switch is on or off, and it is not always easy to tell if the mushroom button is in the on or off position.

1705896829296.jpeg

The switches that rotate are probably what are needed.

1705896959252.png

The switch should not be momentary.
The switch should be normally closed.

Note: There is some debate as to whether the red 'mushroom' buttons meet code. The code says it must be clear if the switch is on or off, and it is not always easy to tell if the mushroom button is in the on or off position.

View attachment 190573

The switches that rotate are probably what are needed.

View attachment 190574
Interesting - hadn't considered the aspect of it being clear if it is on or off. I might have to look at getting one that rotates... One thing though - the switch needs to be normally open, not normally closed (when the switch is off it should be open, when the switch is on it should be closed).

Back