diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000XP and mini splits?

Hernan Aguirre

Hello,

I'm in the planning stages of powering my detached garage. I plan to use an off-grid system like EG4® 6000XP All-In-One Off-Grid Inverter with the new EG4® Wall Mount Indoor 280Ah Lithium Battery. I would like to max out the solar input of the 6k inverter. The inverter will be grid assisted as well. My garage is right next to two of my bedrooms. I figure adding a couple of mini splits is the best way to utilize the power generated by the system. I was wondering if the 6000XP could run multiple mini split systems say three 120V 9k BTU units? I know it has the capacity but if I put more than one mini split on each leg would there be any problems? Has anyone tried this? I know there is 3 zone mini splits, but they seem to be more expensive, and I also like the fact that if one went down, I could still run the others. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you can maintain power usage below or at 3000W per line, you should be in good shape. Although I've observed a line imbalance of up to 3000W during end-user testing on the forum, I suggest on minimizing line imbalances and keeping the system as evenly balanced as possible.

If you can maintain power usage below or at 3000W per line, you should be in good shape. Although I've observed a line imbalance of up to 3000W during end-user testing on the forum, I suggest on minimizing line imbalances and keeping the system as evenly balanced as possible.
It good to know that it is possible. I'm thinking I might just do what @timselectric said and just go 240v to keep them balanced. The price is about the same so it's a "safer" option. Thank you for the feedback.

Back