diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500 hz problem

BEEFCURTIN

Day 1 newbie here!! Don't kill me as I may not know the lingo just yet.. Ok, now that we got that out of the way. I have built an off grid system with EG4 6500EX-48 Inverters and a 10 battery bank. The problem is my Electrician because I am not one.. says he has the 2 inverters set to the 60hz output but actual output is only 40hz. Has anyone ran across this problem? The System is brand new and the first time it has been fired up.

That’s an odd one for sure.

Do both inverters show this?

Can you double check what option 9 is set to as well as making sure option 28 on 2P2 inverter is set to 180 degree offset and not 120 degree offset?

Do you happen to know if your on the latest firmware version?
Not sure yet, I received these units in September or so. I'm thinking it may be in the programming but so far I can't get a Tech to call me back. I did submit a request. I really hope there is not a Problem with both inverters..

It’s hard to say. I’ve never seen that before. I would try to update to the latest firmware just to see if it makes any difference though.

I’m assuming this happens without any load on the inverter?

We had to do a complete shut down and now things are ok. Not sure what the problem was on initial startup..
Glad things are back working. I know in the tech world we always end up saying "when in doubt, reboot"...though that's a little odd to have to do that with your main power source...

Back