diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500EX Firmware Update Com port problems solved for me.

Batavian

I have been struggling for days to get my 2 EG4 6500EXs firmware updated. I am using Windows 11

Symptoms...
USB to Serial Adapter Cable is connected to computer.
Device manager shows Com 5 and driver working properly
Try to update firmware. Com 5 not recognized on the firmware update screen.

What fixed it for me.
On device manager I right clicked on the Com 5 Driver and clicked on properties in the pop up.
clicked on Port Settings
clicked on Advanced
Under advanced settings there is something called FIFO buffers, it has a slider bar that says "Select lower settings for connection problems" I lowered it down toward the center of the bar. Went back to install Firmware and Holy Cow it worked!!

I am now updated to:
79 67
61 12

I have one issue already. The light bar on my 2P1 does not work. I went through the program and all the settings are correct and match 2P2 with a functional light bar.
Any ideas?

I have one issue already. The light bar on my 2P1 does not work. I went through the program and all the settings are correct and match 2P2 with a functional light bar.
Any ideas?
I've heard several things that have helped get their 2p1 RGB bar working again.
1. Full power cycle on the inverters - https://diysolarforum.com/threads/eg4-6500ex-changing-charger-source-disables-leds.59813/post-750703
2. Break the split phase connection (switch 2p1 back to SIG) and then set it back up again. - https://diysolarforum.com/threads/eg4-light-bar-showing-faint-red.59295/post-741789

The light bar on my 2P1 does not work. I went through the program and all the settings are correct and match 2P2 with a functional light bar.
Any ideas?

here is a thread on fixing it. I was able to get mine fixed. basically just make sure its turned on in setting and then reboot the inverter.

all of the links below are from the above linked thread, so you could just read the whole thread. 3 pages but its not that long of a read

here is a post from SS about making sure its off in settings, then rebooting and turning it on.

another post about what fixed it for a user (totally shut down unit, disconnect from PV, Generator and Battery)

another way a user fixed it (switch out of split phase and ?reboot?)
2nd user fixed with same method

my post about making sure setting 51 is Enabled, then rebooting inverter (i was still in split phase)(disconnected from grid, solar, battery)

another one where a user completely disconnects from grid and solar

EDIT: beat me to it Adam lol

Back