diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 install question.

Andy777bmx

Hi I bought a signature solar eg4 power pro kit (18k inverter with single pro battery kit). I am installing two rows of qty5 BlueSun 460W Half-Cell Bifacial Solar Panels, so qty10 panels total on two separate rows. I was planning to wire each row of 5 separately in series and running the two rows (4 wires) to the inverter.

Is it ok for me to wire each row of 5 in series and connect the four wires under the 18kpv inverter’s mppt #1 inputs or would that be too much for it to handle?

I appreciate the help. Thank you

Thanks I’m just new to solar and want to make sure I hook up the two rows in the best way. So if I have two rows of 5 (both rows in series) would it be better for me to connect the two rows under ports #2 and #3 instead of all under #1 on the 18kpv inverter? Appreciate the help

Attachments

• IMG_3530.png
    IMG_3530.png
    212.4 KB · Views: 2
Um, 8s2p is 16 panels, he has 10. whats wrong with 10s1p?
586v at -30F, dont know your lowest ASHRE temp tho?
also 10s1p will start producing a little earlier in the morning,save wire and save your
MPPT's (assuming you have further plans?)max Vmp at 410v well under eg4 mppt max of 500

Thanks I’m just new to solar and want to make sure I hook up the two rows in the best way. So if I have two rows of 5 (both rows in series) would it be better for me to connect the two rows under ports #2 and #3 instead of all under #1 on the 18kpv inverter? Appreciate the help

That would be fine. Also, as mentioned 10 panels in series would work as well if you had the space.

Back