diy solar

diy solar

EG4 PowerPro Battery Firmware

What firmware versions on required on the PowerPro and 18Kpv to enable the additional battery details in the monitoring portal? I update the inverter to 1919 and the batteries are on Z02T17, but no sign of the battery details in the portal. Comms are set to RS485:p01-EG4 and CAN:EG4-LUX

What firmware versions on required on the PowerPro and 18Kpv to enable the additional battery details in the monitoring portal? I update the inverter to 1919 and the batteries are on Z02T17, but no sign of the battery details in the portal. Comms are set to RS485:p01-EG4 and CAN:EG4-LUX
I was told to set the lithium brand to 1 on the inverter (in advanced settings) and that seemed to do the trick. Originally I had it set to 0.

I just brought online a new 18KPV and two PowerPro wall mount batteries. I also experienced *very* inconsistent support from SS (over 10+ separate calls with technical support). Every person I talked to had a different understanding, explanation and advice about updating battery firmware, battery voltages, programming, working modes, etc. Both USB cables were missing. Someone said they would send me both. Only one RS485 showed up. Had to call again to have the RS232 one shipped, arriving Monday. I was able to upgrade the RS485 so BMS is Z02T17 and LCD is V1.1.0. Hope to upgrade RS232 on Monday.

Battery communications had failed so someone recommended switching protocols, so now they're set to RS485: P01-EG4, and CAN: P07-LUX. Do these seem like the correct settings?

My RSD does not shutdown the batteries which it should according to manual and only *some* SS technical support staff. It's required to demo to the local electrical inspector to close out my permit. Someone said the 2nd part of the 'heater' RS232 firmware update also corrects the RSD functionality, but it's not documented anywhere! Can anyone confirm if they're RSD button on the 18kPV will shutdown their batteries? Why doesn't EG4 provide firmware detailed documentation, exactly what is changed, and include dates and version numbers in the bin/hex files?

I recently talked with an EG4 technical support, and although very pleasant and trying to be helpful, they didn't have the experience or training to do much other than put me on hold, and talk to the boss or the boss's boss (likely CTO). I will mention that everyone at EG4/SS has been pleasant, means well, and trying to be helpful, however it's clear they're hiring a lot of new people, and few of them have worked with power systems, software, or firmware related products. SS and EG4 really need to hire an experience documentation engineer to improve communication with distributors and end-user customers.

Back