diy solar

diy solar

help me save bees......with power!

I have already lost a plastic cover for the vent on the roof. Replaced with the motel one. Im afraid the fans will fly away. We drive 80-90 on the highway around here.....

I agree with the charger/inverter idea, adding solar charging later.
The fans are much more substantial than a vent cover.
They will actually close themselves when the wind or rain becomes too strong.

Theyre bolted down with 16 1.5inch screws. Plenty are sold to camper trailer owners in Florida where they do travel at 70-80mph... (the benefits of cheap gas, I guess (we pay $7.25/gal here))

Last edited:
So here is what I'm thinking so far….

NOCO GCP2 15A AC Port Plug, 125V Power Inlet Socket, and Waterproof Electrical Outlet Receptacle Box with Dual 18-Inch Integrated Outdoor Extension Cords

Victron Energy SmartShunt IP65 500 amp Battery Monitor

Victron Energy Lynx Distributor

Victron Energy Battery Switch ON/Off 275 amp

Victron MultiPlus Compact 12/2000/80-50 120V VE.Bus Inverter Charger

Victron Energy DC-DC Bluetooth Charger Orion-Tr ORI 122436120 Smart 12/12-30A (360W) Isolated B2B Booster

I have 4 100AH lithium batteries already….

The enclosed trailer is where we want to install this system. We want to be able to plug in “shorepower” when at the farm, run off of DC when the truck is running, and possibly solar panels attached to the trailer or maybe at the farm on the roof of where the trailer is parked.
A/c power will be used for an extension cord to power our bee vacuum(bucket vac) and possibly a carpet fan.
We will also want to use 12v for LED light strips(already installed) and a vent fan in the roof.

What am I missing? Im new at this stuff. Any help is really appreciated!
What size fuses? Wires? etc?

I tried to order from Current Connected today.... Sat on hold for a while only to be put into a loop of press 1 to talk to someone....wait for a while...start all over... then hang up on me :cry:
I just need a little help.

Here's an update, if anyone is interested.......

I came here to learn and this is what I came up with after lurking and then asking a few questions.

I have 6 Rich Solar 100watt panels, A Victron 12/3000 System with all the bells and whistles, with the 330 AH Victron battery.
I have a Ruby sensor which will tell the fan in the roof to turn on when it gets hot 85+

The inverter makes it so we don't need a generator for our bee vac! coolest thing I've done in a while, makes me smile every time I see it.

Thanks for all the help and great forum,
Bee Guy
IMG_1129.jpeg

Back