diy solar

diy solar

Help with Charge and discharge settings on EG4 6000 xp

tntent02

Ive successfully built an apexium 48v 280ah battery with 200a BMS, put on a harbor freight dolly capable of supporting the weight, and attached to the dolly cart bottom are two metal struts bent up to which Ive mounted an EG4 6000 xp. Ive successfully setup closed loop battery coms. Ive connected an RV 30 amp cable to a 240 outlet and charged the battery. Connected a heavy duty multi outlet extension cord to one leg of the output and ran some test loads. I have rooftop solar with a grid tied inverter on the home which doesnt offset energy use enough. I plan to utilize this in an off grid type connection with a generator connection sub panel to offset energy costs and for power outages and shtf scenarios. I also have a split phase dual fuel generator which I want to be able to use to either run into the subpanel directly or recharge batteries. What I could use some help with is settings for best practices on max charge rates discharge rates soc settings for charging up to and down to etc. Also, Ive set up the account monitoring and app and Im curious if the settings online update what is set directly on the inverter, or do they supercede and overide the settings made directly on the inverter ? After setting up everything and getting access online all the settings are as if theyve never been set.

Back