diy solar

diy solar

How can Current Connected improve?

No one ever gives us feedback on here...it's a blessing and a curse.

I'm taking the chance to take feedback constructively before it becomes destructive like other vendors on this forum.

Some things we are already working on:
  • Hiring and training more technical support staff to spread the load of technical sales & support calls
  • Dedicated web developer to improve UI and website experience.
  • More complete catalog including Ironridge, Unirac, Tigo, multiple panel options and electrical panels, circuit breakers and wiring components so we can better offer complete solutions not just a majority of the solution.
What do you like and what can we do better?
I for one have had very good service but for whatever reason there was one time it was impossible to connect with Dexter on an issue with an SOK 206 Battery. That was all and to be clear he assisted me with a product that I hadn’t purchased at Current Connected. He helped me with the BMS and getting the correct one. Ultimately everything worked out but there was a moment there I truly felt like I was put on the back burner even though I had purchased a lot from there store. I guess when you’re out in the middle of nowhere boondocking you hope to get a call back that day or the next not many days later.

So…I am a very satisfied customer and will continue to shop at CC.

Thanks,
DC

So I am a grumpy old Marine living overseas and getting ready to hang up on my third career, but some things just work and make sense. see below.

so, i got my email from Dexter saying the chargverters were in. tried to order with the link and the system had a hiccup. I was not sure if it was my card or what so i sent a message hoping it would get answered before they ran out of stock again.

Superman to the freaking rescue. Dexter replied in three minutes and figured out the issue in that three minutes and kapow! bam, i was able to order and have already received the confirmation email. That's service, and that's why Current Connected is getting my business.

its called good customer service, and it wins every single time

Seeing LOTS of new stuff available to purchase on the Current Connected website. Including stuff that has been recommended here like the Emporia Cue and even Mr Cool mini splits. Is there any way to know what the "new" stuff is that gets added?

Seeing LOTS of new stuff available to purchase on the Current Connected website. Including stuff that has been recommended here like the Emporia Cue and even Mr Cool mini splits. Is there any way to know what the "new" stuff is that gets added?
We have a mailing list - I'm working now on adding the subscribe button to the footer of the site. Should be finished by tomorrow - the mailing list is where we are making the announcements / updates.

EDIT: Finished it tonight, was easier than I expected. We will be sending our first newsletter by the end of the week.
So I am a grumpy old Marine living overseas and getting ready to hang up on my third career, but some things just work and make sense. see below.

so, i got my email from Dexter saying the chargverters were in. tried to order with the link and the system had a hiccup. I was not sure if it was my card or what so i sent a message hoping it would get answered before they ran out of stock again.

Superman to the freaking rescue. Dexter replied in three minutes and figured out the issue in that three minutes and kapow! bam, i was able to order and have already received the confirmation email. That's service, and that's why Current Connected is getting my business.

its called good customer service, and it wins every single time

Thank you - and everyone else for their kind words.

Last edited:
We have a mailing list - I'm working now on adding the subscribe button to the footer of the site. Should be finished by tomorrow - the mailing list is where we are making the announcements / updates.

EDIT: Finished it tonight, was easier than I expected. We will be sending our first newsletter by the end of the week.
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 10.22.35 PM.png

Minor nitpick: the green text after passing the CAPTCHA and signing up is extremely hard to read, and I almost missed it. Looking forward to the first one 😃

Was there any newsletter or other info sent out yet about new products added? I've not gotten anything in my email and just wanted to make sure it isn't being filtered out somewhere.

Was there any newsletter or other info sent out yet about new products added? I've not gotten anything in my email and just wanted to make sure it isn't being filtered out somewhere.
No I've been tied up this week and haven't sent it out. By the way we published the new Indoor wallmount battery from EG4 today.

For the programming done to Victron MPII units that leave your facility, is there any breakdown of the settings?

Having a more technical section side of the site with top tips and links to videos/blogs would be kinda cool, but I guess YouTube maybe a catch all for that type of info.

@HighTechLab Have you thought about carrying the Grundfos line of well pumps and accessories since that keeps coming up as what someone should be using especially when installing a new well?

This might have been mentioned but when browsing the site on mobile phone, the category drop down tab on the top left opens a list for all the categories. The Batteries category is directly over the search bar in the background. I don’t if it’s me but it’s impossible to click on batteries to browse the different battery options for sale. It automatically clicks on the search bar forcing you to type to search for a battery.

After no less than 150 google searches and quite a bit of custom coding, I've created some filtering options for categories. I made this from scratch because I didn't like the pre-built offerings. Currently we only have entered attributes to products in the inverters and batteries categories, but you can take a look at those:
1713987777840.png

When you apply the filters, it appends the options to the URL, so for example if we wanted to send a link of all 48v server rack batteries, we could do that just like this:

I do plan to eventually improve the data entry types for things like capacity to be a range, but for first release this is better than having nothing!

Let me know what you guys think.

So had a situation recently where I needed to replace the glass fuse for a Victron dongle. While the documentation mentioned a fuse there was nothing indicating what was needed or where to get it. Perhaps adding a replacement set to your inventory?

Last edited:
After no less than 150 google searches and quite a bit of custom coding, I've created some filtering options for categories. I made this from scratch because I didn't like the pre-built offerings. Currently we only have entered attributes to products in the inverters and batteries categories, but you can take a look at those:
[...]

Let me know what you guys think.
This reminds me a lot of the filters at McMaster-Carr, DigiKey, etc., which I've found extremely useful in the past. Looking good!

@HighTechLab Hey Dexter, long time interested buyer, first time responder to thread.

First of all, the only reason I haven’t purchased anything yet is because I ran into some significant financial losses and have currently relied on a minimal system until I recover. However, I am hoping to be able to upgrade through you as it seems to be extremely rare to find an online distributor with such consistently high praise for customer service, which I value as someone who doesn’t have the cash to lose on purchases that have no after sales support in case of failure. Thank you for seeing the value in a customer service-driven business model over a low-cost one.

My reason for writing today is actually to help out a bit with some technical issues on the mobile site, as well as some wants:

1. When using the drop down menu, the “Batteries” link is unable to be selected. Instead, there is a transparency issue and the search bar is selected. The issue is the same in portrait and landscape orientation of the phone. I’m running it on an iPhone SE, which has one of the smaller screens available, so I’m not sure if this issue persists on other devices. An easy fix would be to include an un-clickable row above “Batteries” labeled “Menu”, or to move the search bar into the drop-down. I’d be happy to test on my phone when you’ve implemented a fix if you don’t have access to a phone this size.

2. The Discount Shack link has disappeared. Not sure if this is due to having no liquidation inventory or if it was an accident.

3. I only see the filter option on the Inverters page. Would be nice to have this on every page.

4. It would also be nice to be able to filter by brand. The search bar is a workaround for now, but I think having it in the drop-down as well as a per-page filter option would be welcomed by customers.

5. Lastly, and least importantly, it would be nice for people like me who like to stay on top of new tech to have a page dedicated to new releases. I think going back 2-3 months would be cool, listed by date with the option to list by brand.

Again, thank you for curating such a uniquely trustworthy business.

Cheers,
Jordan

2. The Discount Shack link has disappeared. Not sure if this is due to having no liquidation inventory or if it was an accident.
He posted about this few pages ago:
We are now using a third-party that sells the stuff on Ebay instead. The savings shack was a massive headache.

5. Lastly, and least importantly, it would be nice for people like me who like to stay on top of new tech to have a page dedicated to new releases. I think going back 2-3 months would be cool, listed by date with the option to list by brand.
There is supposed to be a "newsletter" coming out with this type of information provided.

He posted about this few pages ago:

There is supposed to be a "newsletter" coming out with this type of information provided.
Thanks for the clarification on the savings shack! I’ll admit that I haven’t read all 15 pages on this thread 😅

I did see the newsletter is coming, I just like to see all the recent products populated on a web page. I get far too many emails from various companies as it is and I’m sure I’m not the only one who misses some. The new releases section on the home page is nice, but it only shows a small amount at a time, so it would be cool to have a page dedicated to all the newest additions.

1. When using the drop down menu, the “Batteries” link is unable to be selected. Instead, there is a transparency issue and the search bar is selected. The issue is the same in portrait and landscape orientation of the phone. I’m running it on an iPhone SE, which has one of the smaller screens available, so I’m not sure if this issue persists on other devices. An easy fix would be to include an un-clickable row above “Batteries” labeled “Menu”, or to move the search bar into the drop-down. I’d be happy to test on my phone when you’ve implemented a fix if you don’t have access to a phone this size.

3. I only see the filter option on the Inverters page. Would be nice to have this on every page.

4. It would also be nice to be able to filter by brand. The search bar is a workaround for now, but I think having it in the drop-down as well as a per-page filter option would be welcomed by customers.

1. It's on my radar and not an easy fix...I requested the search bar plugin developer fix it, but they are slow to respond.

2. It's gone for good.

3. We ran into an issue with the first iteration, where some categories share the same filters - a great example is the brand filter - since it loaded in all possible brands, you would see things like "SOK Battery" on the inverter brand list...that obviously would be stupid because it would yield 0 results...so I went and made some changes to my code and made it where filters only are shown if the products in that category contain options the filters can match against. I just published that update and we are turning on the filters for all categories that need filtering.

4. see #3

5. Hiring a person to help with the newsletters (among other things), where we will share our new releases. I also want a page for this that is more than just the shop page ordered by latest products.

Back